Why become a member? ×

Harley Benton PowerPlant ISO-1AC

M@23

Not used one but have used HB isolated PSUs in the past and it was great. That’s a good amount of power especially for the money and (if you can find one!) adding a GigRig Isolator to one or more of the outputs would let you split a 500mA out to four 135mA outs to get more outlets (granted 4 x 135 = 540 so you couldn’t draw the max on all four outlets from the GigRig). And yeah the IEC out will just pass AC thru for “whatever”.

No brainer for the price I’d say!

• Thanks 1

Cheers guys. Can’t argue for the price. Going to get one ordered. I won’t need to add a 2nd, but do appreciate the IEC plug rather than the usual barrel ones. Also means I don’t need to worry about adapters or changing the 2 pin plug! Plus it’ll power a 350mA pedal I have no sweat. 

I've got both an Iso5 Pro and an Iso12 Pro on my two boards - and have substituted these for more high-end Ciocks and OneSpot PSUs. Can highly recommend for quality, compact design (the Iso5 pro is tiny!) and really good value for money.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, M@23 said:

So, could the AC out be passed on to power an active speaker? Wondering if I could use an m-f IEC extension to power my wedge and save a plug socket!

Can’t see why not…. As long as you can access the outlet from your board. Unless they’ve done something non standard an IEC *should* pass up to 10 amps and there’s no way a wedge is pulling anywhere near that power

Edited by moley6knipe
  • Like 1