Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Musicman Stingray 1993
£1100
Sheffield

Quatschmacher

Beautiful Stingray from 1993, Flea bridge (with new mute pads), 2EQ, rosewood board, lovely birdseye figuring in the neck, fantastic Honeyburst finish.

Weighs 4.2kg and balances nicely. 

It has a few marks from use, all of which were there when I bought it. There are a few pings in the lacquer, two have gone through to the wood. Nothing that affects playability. 

I had Jon Shuker set it up when I got it last year.

It’s strung with GHS Precision flats 45-105.

Comes with a new Musicman hard case, which I bought after I got the bass.

Collection from Sheffield preferred. However there is potential for me to deliver/meet up between Sheffield and Bath (on the M42, M5, M4 corridor).

Could potentially also bring down to London or up to Newcastle way and combine with a visit to friends.

Price is absolutely firm.

EDIT 18/10/21:

If it’ll help sell, I’ll separate the case from the bass. So…

EITHER

£1100 with case as above

OR

£1000 with a very nice gig bag instead of the hard case.

Edited by Quatschmacher
Sold.
  • Like 12

54 minutes ago, jarc11 said:

Previously mine, cracking and lovely sounding bass. 

Deal with confidence, a thoroughly decent chap! 

GLWTS

Thanks, James. Hope you’re well. 

42 minutes ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

That looks like a cracker. Shouldn't be around too long at that price. GLWTS 👍

Thanks. It’s lovely and sounds wonderful. I’m just cursing my small hands. I need to get a SLO Special or a Sterling. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, dand666 said:

If It can get under 1k I'll have it!

Afraid not. Price is absolutely firm and worth every penny. Start saving. 😆

Only vague possibility would be £999.99 without the case, but I’m loath to separate them. 

Edited by Quatschmacher
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I too am astonished that this hasn't been snapped up ages ago. Great bass, great seller, great price. Not only is Peter a top dude to trade with, but he is also a total perfectionist (in the best possible sense) when it comes to bass gear. Even allowing for the fact that Stingrays are consistently great, quality-wise, if Peter has owned this bass you can be sure that it will be an absolute peach. Buy with confidence!

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, GrammeFriday said:

I too am astonished that this hasn't been snapped up ages ago. Great bass, great seller, great price. Not only is Peter a top dude to trade with, but he is also a total perfectionist (in the best possible sense) when it comes to bass gear. Even allowing for the fact that Stingrays are consistently great, quality-wise, if Peter has owned this bass you can be sure that it will be an absolute peach. Buy with confidence!

Thanks, Nick. 

1 hour ago, Quatschmacher said:

I could potentially arrange something, where are you?

New York City.

I suspect that the cost of shipping would be the tipping point as I really can’t justify another instrument. As any good, irresponsible gear hound, though, when I see great deals like this locally, I usually find a way!

33 minutes ago, Lo-E said:

New York City.

I suspect that the cost of shipping would be the tipping point as I really can’t justify another instrument. As any good, irresponsible gear hound, though, when I see great deals like this locally, I usually find a way!

Ah, no can do, I thought you may have been on mainland Europe, which would’ve been a possibility for hand delivery. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Quatschmacher said:

Ah, no can do, I thought you may have been on mainland Europe, which would’ve been a possibility for hand delivery. 

Well, if you change your mind and decide to deliver to NYC I'd be happy to give you a tour of my favorite pubs!

Otherwise, best of luck with the sale (although I think you're crazy to sell that beauty).

• Like 1