Why become a member? ×

Smells like a bass player

YeastieB

1 minute ago, SteveXFR said:

To prevent ticks going in his pits?

Ah, good thinking. I must remember to spread it on my legs the next time I go out walking, they’re a bloody nuisance (pun intended).

12 hours ago, Jus Lukin said:

It's kind of P-ish, although looking at the lower horn disappearing as it does, it appears he is playing it passed between his legs, Richie Blackmore style.

That’s probably what it smells like.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, WAYNESWORLD said:

Pachouli oil was very popular with musicians when I was growing up I seem to recall.

Never quite understood it’s  appeal myself. Then again the Brut I was wearing covered up the smell of anything else around me for a hundred yards.!, 

tHgijtm.gif

18 minutes ago, Stub Mandrel said:

We used to put patchouli on our afghans. I have no idea why.

Because Afghans tend to stink quite a lot and the smell of patchoulli was marginally preferable to the smell of dead sheep or goat.

• Thanks 1

I bought an Afghan coat in Morocco …. Yes, had to wear patchouli oil with it, I’m a bassist with Afghan and it stank … back in the U.K. I gave it to my drummer mate before he returned to NZ. Can’t imagine what NZcustoms ever said to him 🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lfalex v1.1 said:

Not spreading. In fact,  someone else doused me in it due to my love of Marmite. I was impressed by neither the action itself nor the product..

0_Lynx-x-Marmite_Body-Spray1-1.jpg

WTAF? THIS IS A THING? The World has officially gone mad. There’s plainly too much charlie in the Unilever development department.

Edited by ezbass
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, MHMSWC#03 said:

You think that's bad? What about this blasphemy ...

marmite.jpg

I kind of get that, at least they’re both foodstuffs. It also harks back to peanut butter and Bovril that was a common DIY mix in my youth.

38 minutes ago, Downunderwonder said:

Gotcha. So they are rank amateurs. The real pro marketeers would be horsing around.

Wouldn’t that just leave them nodding off in the corner. That weird product sounds like it’s come from some wide eyed person shouting, “I’ve got a great idea!” Perhaps it was just one person and the rest were just zonked out, going, “Yeah… great idea… let’s do that… zzz.”

Whatever happened, it wasn’t the product of sane minds. Probably, a product designed by focus group and committee, rather like most TV programs, “Some folk like Lynx Africa, some folk like Marmite. Therefore, folk will like the combo, makes sense, right? We’re gonna be rich!” :facepalm:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Downunderwonder said:

That looks like it's a jar of peanut butter branded Marmite. Whatever sells I suppose. Next there will be Marmite Honey and Marmite Raspberry Jam next to the Marmite Marmite.

I admit my heart skipped a beat initially. I adore Marmite and I love peanut butter. I thought it was a brilliant idea until I tasted it and then quickly realised it was the worst idea ever! 😂

Marmite doesn't mix with ANYTHING. 

1 minute ago, MHMSWC#03 said:

I admit my heart skipped a beat initially. I adore Marmite and I love peanut butter. I thought it was a brilliant idea until I tasted it and then quickly realised it was the worst idea ever! 😂

Marmite doesn't mix with ANYTHING. 

So it's a layer of Marmite in a jar of peanut butter on sale, or you misunderstood and tried out a mix yourself in the interests of science?

Just now, Downunderwonder said:

So it's a layer of Marmite in a jar of peanut butter on sale, or you misunderstood and tried out a mix yourself in the interests of science?

I saw it in the supermarket and thought Wow!

It appears to be a 50:50 blend but there was a large residue of oil on the top. Kind of like the two don't have similar compositions to mix properly. 

And it just tasted foul 😂