Why become a member? ×

Tempremental Footswitch (Shure GLXD16)

Jack

G'day.

My wireless unit has a fault that's slowly getting a little worse. The footswitch that controls the mute is not engaging more often than it works properly. Just needs a couple of goes to get it working right. I'm loathe to return this (although it is under warranty) as I'll end up in the 'fair wear and tear' debate despite the fact that it's been lockdown and my 14-months of ownership equates to about 7 stomps on the switch. It's a soft-touch switch if that helps.

Is there anything I can try here such as contact cleaner or anything? If not, suggestions for pedal repair, ideally in the North East? :D

Thanks all,

Jack

Edited by Jack

It's under warranty and defective - Return it.

So if you open it up, play around and it still doesn't work, what then? Send it back only to be told, you've tampered with it and voiding the warranty.

It's a mechanical foot switch that has failed under warranty, ain't no 'fair wear and tear' nonsense about it. Probably spec'd to have at least 100k activations. Your rights are covered by the Sale of Goods Act.