Why become a member? ×

Bergantino Forte HP opinions

la bam

3 hours ago, Daz39 said:

@Dood probably has a review of it online. I know he has one for the B|Amp

I’m actually waiting to do a review of the @Bergantino Audio Forté HP as well as the NXT and NXV cabinets when they ship to our distributor. I’ll also ask to do B|Amp MK 2 as well.

I adore my B|Amp MK1 and can help answer questions about Forté. Anything I can’t answer, I’ll call Jim himself :)

• Like 2

I have the HP and am very happy with it. Currently playing at home with a mix of old style blues to classic rock to metal to modern pop and have no problem getting a tone I like for any of those genres. Basses used go from a Fender P, Roscoe Century 5, MTD Kingston Fretless 5 to a Dingwall AB1 V. All through a Barefaced Big Twin 2. 1300watts of power means I can cause earthquakes but also it is a very suitable practice amp. Build quality is superb although not Glockenklang (my previous head), but then the Glock is by far the best built head I have seen. I have not owned it long enough to get out on stage with it, but do not think for a second it will have any problems.  It also has the benefits of the firmware upgrades that Jim B puts out giving a good choice of sims (for want of a better description).

This is the first head that I have owned for a period of a year or so and not had any thoughts of moving it on.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Daz39 said:

Isn't the Forte basically the B|Amp without the DSP and screen? (The Luddites version, if you will.) I do know that every review/comment I've seen from someone who has either is that it's amazeballs.

The HP has additional features to the standard Forte as well as the extra power. I’ve heard nothing but positive views on the HP and there have been several free updates to the HP made available to existing owners by Jim Bergantino. I would recommend anyone to check out these amps and also the B|Amp. 

• Like 1

I was having a fun discussion with my bass teacher last year about high end stuff like Berg, Glockenklang etc. and he mentioned it as gear for rich old dentists & lawyers. We had quite some laughs back then but I kinda felt pressured since I had a Fodera bass in my hands at that particular moment.

I AM NOT LIKE THAT AM I? lol. I am a 50+ IT guy though so I guess in the danger zone.

Jokes aside, the Forte HP was on my list when I was looking for another amp last year. Out of all the modern lightweight amps this one and the Mesa WD-800 came out top. Later on I chose to get a used market, made in USA SVT-4 PRO instead after playing through one. These older non class D amps just seem to sound more lively somehow. Guess I am a bit of a dinosaur when it comes to amps.

I still find the Forte HP an intriguing amp though.

Edited by DiMarco