Why become a member? ×

Price drop to £3750: Sadowsky NYC Ultra-Vintage PJ 5-string Olympic White. OFFERS INVITED. Photos added - *SOLD*
£4900
Harpenden, Hertfordshire

JCB

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • JCB changed the title to Price drop to £3750: Sadowsky NYC Ultra-Vintage PJ 5-string Olympic White Brazilian fingerboard. OFFERS INVITED

Photos added.

A kind Basschat member has pointed out that there is a loose piece of debris near the bridge in the sixth pic below that looks like a chip in the finish.  Please rest assured it is not a chip!  The finish is immaculate as can be seen in the main pic above.  Thanks for pointing this out David (Risk101)!  :) 

Edited by JCB
Sold
  • Like 1

• JCB changed the title to Price drop to £3750: Sadowsky NYC Ultra-Vintage PJ 5-string Olympic White Brazilian fingerboard. OFFERS INVITED. Photos added
  • 2 months later...

Price dropped to £3750?  I'm somewhere between poor and getting by, so I nearly spat my tea out.  Then I realised I could have bought my current car twice over for that and be left with change and it didn't help with the tea retention.

Having said that, GLWTS!

• Haha 1

On 13/01/2022 at 12:22, neepheid said:

Price dropped to £3750?  I'm somewhere between poor and getting by, so I nearly spat my tea out.  Then I realised I could have bought my current car twice over for that and be left with change and it didn't help with the tea retention.

Having said that, GLWTS!

Thanks! Hoping someone will realise it's not so expensive when you consider that if you ordered this today from Roger, he is quoting $5800 for a NYC 5-string, plus $1500 for Master Grade fingerboard, plus $150 for vintage style, plus $200 for matching headstock. That's $7650 in the US, so for UK customers add, say, $200 shipping & insurance, 2% import duty on that and another 20% VAT on the whole lot.  At today's exchange rate (£1=$1.37), that comes to just over £7000.  Bear in mind too that this bass is in close to mint condition Just saying... 😉

Edited by JCB
  • Like 1

On 14/01/2022 at 13:13, JCB said:

Thanks! Hoping someone will realise it's not so expensive when you consider that if you ordered this today from Roger, he is quoting $5800 for a NYC 5-string, plus $1500 for Master Grade fingerboard, plus $150 for vintage style, plus $200 for matching headstock. That's $7650 in the US, so for UK customers add, say, $200 shipping & insurance, 2% import duty on that and another 20% VAT on the whole lot.  At today's exchange rate (£1=$1.37), that comes to just over £7000.  Bear in mind too that this bass is in close to mint condition Just saying... 😉

You don't need to justify yourself, particularly to a squeezed middle earner like me who is clearly not going to buy your bass and simply used your thread as a means to make a wry observation of how accurate I've had to become as the pot I have to p!$$ in seems to have shrunk over time... ;)

Edited by neepheid

1 hour ago, neepheid said:

You don't need to justify yourself, particularly to a squeezed middle earner like me who is clearly not going to buy your bass and simply used your thread as a means to make a wry observation of how accurate I've had to become as the pot I have to p!$$ in seems to have shrunk over time... ;)

No worries - I can totally relate since I can no longer afford to keep it and certainly couldn't afford to buy it given my current situation.  Just hoping someone luckier than us out there somewhere...?  Hopefully the Sadowsky price breakdown might help someone more fortunate realise this is one of the cheapest ways to acquire one of the best basses money can buy... (imho)

• 1 month later...
On 21/02/2022 at 05:43, JCB said:

Acquired this before CITES was required 

Since 1992, CITES documentation is required when selling/buying any instrument containing Brazilian rosewood, otherwise you’re breaking the law. This also applies to private domestic sales.

A summary here:

https://www.nottinghamcityguitars.com/cites-guitars/

Edited by rodney72a

• JCB changed the title to SOLD