Why become a member? ×

A little help or opinion

Oldman

I have just rebuildindb my pedal board for the umpteenth time, all incarnations have been sold off (Pedal Peddler). In this, the definitive mode, I would like to put the pedals in a logical order. Your help and advice will be appreciated.

1st stop is a wireless interconnect followed by a Korg mini tuner. Now do I put my Compressor next, the noise gate next, the Electro Harmonic ABY? Or do I put the noise gate after all efx as the last pedal. With the exception of the POG and the ABY they are all mini pedals.

In the chain there could be: Spectra comp, HOF, KORG mini tuner, Noise Gate, TC Shaker,  TC Corona Chorus, Electro Harmonic Switch Blade and the POG. I’ll not keep both the Shaker and the HOF and I may add to it.

Thanks

Edited by Oldman

With those pedals,I'd go...

AB>Tuner>Comp>Octave>Chorus>Vibrato>Reverb>Gate

I'd put the AB first so that you could run 2 instruments in to the tuner. The compressor could go at the end of the chain, depending on how you want to use it.

You haven't stated what the A/B/Y is doing but it looks like it must be functioning as a mute if you have it last?

Ideally your fx would only be processing noise that came in from the bass cable so noise gate early would be good. If the fx are chucking up noise of their own then perhaps they are for the bin.

Generally:

Bass > drive, envelopes, compressor, phaser/chorus/delay.

But the compressor can go anywhere you like it.

Aye, I’m looking to split the chain and put one side of the AB Y thro the heads efx return, maybe that’s the place for the gate at the end. I’ve never gone into this before rather just popped them on or off with no regard to their role in the signal chain. All the pedals are sourced from here and as such are in good Nick. I have not tried them at all so far, that’s the next task while I wait for “Velcro” and the interconnects to attach them.

Thanks for your input

B