Why become a member? ×

FINISHED-ish : Budget P Bass Bitsa Build

PaulThePlug

Set-up reasonable-ish.

Neck on without any shim,

Gave the truss rod half a turn to take out some relief... Action reasonable 

Intonated OK on the DG, alrightish on the A, E still a little sharp, so saddle needs to go back, but height adjuster screws are almost at the back of the plate groves.

The body came with screw mounting hole markers for a std Fender bridge, and the Gotoh-alike is meant to be a simple swap rellacement...  perhaps i should of gone 3-5mm further back.

Soundwise... Beefy Low Thump, with the flats... when compared to the Ibanez GSR200 PJ wearing flats. (My Ibby SR600 is a bit more modern sounding... but also with flats)

Bit of a 'Ghosting' type tone from the E.

Pickup Heights?

Leant it to a mate who plays for a few days to see what they think... Got it back earlier today, so now its had a fortnighg bolted up to settle, I'll give it another going over, hopefully this afternoon

Oh... and @Dad3353 came to my rescue when i asked about 3D printing a bezel.

Great job and a matching Thumb Rest! a real Gent!

I think it finishes it off nicely, together with the cream covers and headstock decal for that Custom 'One-Off' look.

Weight is about 4.2Kg on luggage scales.

Untill next time...🍄😵💫😉

796000812_Felstead_PBass_resized.thumb.jpg.5b1d2f6da705985ba11bcc597a065d2c.jpgThumbRest_PickupBezel_resized.thumb.jpg.4e302a855d25c20baa42c026f59d1a84.jpg

Edited by PaulThePlug
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1