Why become a member? ×

Now on loan & withdrawn -Music Man StingRay Special HH
£1700
Harrow

Chiliwailer

update - withdrawn and now on loan to a mate. With MM prices rising so steeply I think I’ll keep hold. 

Bought new by me in Sept 2018 when the Specials landed in the UK. Much loved but now not used since I managed to buy back my beloved and sentimental old faithful ‘95 Ray, after selling it during a rough time. This is 1 of 2 basses I’m selling as I trim the herd.

Has a neck to die for, is roasted maple and has a great shape. The tones are plentiful with the HH and the new revoiced EQ which is incredibly versatile and useable across the full sweeps. This is far and beyond the most ergonomic Ray they have released, very comfy to hold. 

Good condition, well looked after, and just minor signs of use over 3 years - nothing nasty. The case has marks on the front from tight storage. 

Weighs 8.64lbs (3.92kg).. Some of these go up to 9.5lbs or more, so this one is a good weight for a HH Special. Back in 2018 the bodies were listed as swamp ash, now it’s just ambiguously stated as ‘select hardwood’.... 

TRADES - I’d much prefer a sale as I can’t think of another bass I need right now. Though feel free to get in touch with bass plus cash offer as I might accept if it’s something I can sell on and enjoy for a bit while keeping hold of. Sorry, I’m not wanting to trade by post.

Collection always preferred, but PM to discuss shipping please. 

My feedback - 

59DB1E02-DDCF-4A54-83F7-22C061692957.jpeg

A2B42638-75AE-4295-9B89-F13190051E17.jpeg

CDFAD36E-A0E5-4D3A-BBB4-9E81397CDDC6.jpeg

66D1598E-748E-4B89-B869-AF9D8238DBD6.jpeg

Edited by Chiliwailer
  • Like 12

6 minutes ago, 4000 said:

Sorry to hear of your arm/nerve woes. I have a similar issue with almost everything these days and it’s not fun. 

Cheers pal - despite it all, I still consider myself very lucky I can still pick up a bass play at home. And at least I have some non slab body basses too. 
Best of luck with your issues 🙏👍

• Chiliwailer changed the title to Now on loan & withdrawn -Music Man StingRay Special HH
  • MB1 locked this topic