Why become a member? ×

Poor Service ?

Roger Eve

Has anyone had any experience with a company called DV247.com ?

I made an order for a bass on 1st July after being promised it would be with me within 5 days despite coming from their German warehouse, being a trusting guy I believed them.

After 12 days I once again checked the tracking site which showed bass was delivered that day at 11.52am, which it was not. They now seem to be dragging their feet as regards a replacement or a refund.

Really not happy with this service after spending such a high amount. Any advice or comments ?

Hi Roger, my experience with them continues to be very poor and a second consignment has gone astray. I wouldn't have used them but I wanted some matching LED bars and had ordered their own brand so was stuck with them. 

I don't think they are dishonest but just a complete shambles, I don't think their software in different department talks to each other as I keep getting contradictory emails. Persevere and your stuff will come through.

good luck, I hope you aren't in a hurry.

It gets said often but is no less true. Current events have left the entire logistics business in a real state. If you get stuff quickly then that would probably count as a bonus. I would not take any assurance of delivery at face value at this time. No hint of dishonesty but struggling with a creaking system and new rules.

I ordered a cover for my Rumble combo from them a while ago, and it arrived really quickly. Since then seen a fair few complaints about slow delivery / poor service etc. As Steve says above, could be the problems with supply chains at the moment, or just crap organisation. No excuse for telling customers porkies though whatever the issue.

I'm now having real trouble contacting the Romford people on the phone. I've rung several times waiting an average 10 minutes at a time. Don't bother with their frequently offered 'press one if you want us to call you back' they won't.

Offers of "I'll chase it and email you" aren't any better, they won't do that either.

I've tried their social media, it's full of similar complaints.

Just to follow up @Steve Browning's point.

I work in the tech sector and many equipment manufacturers have crazy lead times at the moment.  I'm not sure if this is just Brexit and border changes, or raw materials sourcing issues too.

I also know that we as a company are struggling to deal with the wave of spending that is starting back up because we had to lay so many staff off during the covid period due to there being no work.  Customers who hibernated and weren't buying or paying during the pandemic are now expecting the same instant high level of service but we have hardly any backroom resources left to deal with quoting, purchasing, service, invoicing etc.

We are doing our best to rebuild, but I'm sure the powers way above my head are nervous to splurge on recruitment in case this is just another short spike of business.

All the time this is going on, those of us that are left are working flat out trying to save the face of the company but are undoubtedly letting customers down here and there.   

As I said, we are not the music shop industry, but thought it might be worth considering as reasons as to why they are so bad at the moment. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 14/07/2021 at 15:43, Phil Starr said:

I'm now having real trouble contacting the Romford people on the phone. I've rung several times waiting an average 10 minutes at a time. Don't bother with their frequently offered 'press one if you want us to call you back' they won't.

Offers of "I'll chase it and email you" aren't any better, they won't do that either.

I've tried their social media, it's full of similar complaints.

Yes they lie too !

I have ordered from them and haven't had any issues, but then I have also ordered from bax successfully a couple of times. Luck of the draw really, if the order goes smoothly and you don't ahve to deal with them all companies tend to be ok, its only when they need to do something it matters.

• Like 1

Well I finally got through to Romford. There's been some movement and the Germans have finally passed the order to the German delivery company. By this time they of course are on the middle of catastrophic flooding and the roads are blocked so I think it's only fair to allow them a delay :) It looks like it has passed through and is finally being transferred to the UK couriers. The next step will happen when someone at Parcelforce scans the barcode.

I chatted briefly to the guy at the other end. He's actually serving in the shop and they only answer the 'phone when they don't have customers. It must be a thankless task too, if everyone has had the same problems I've experienced. In the end I made over 25 calls stretching over several days. Most of these calls ended up being cut off after being told to hang on "your call is important to us". Emails and other messages are not responded to and the ring back service is not working at all. Music Store the German company are having problems with their couriers and their IT and although i can accept I'm unlucky there are obviously hundreds of dissatisfied customers in the UK. That's a lot of bad luck.

I've saved about £60 in buying their own brand lights. It's probably taken half a day's work to get the two failed deliveries to work and I don't think one of the deliveries would have come through at all without my intervention, at no stage have I really known what is going on and their emails and phone answers have proved to be inaccurate. If anything goes wrong with the lights then I suspect I'm in for another world of pain. If i'd known in advance I'd have gone for the best UK supplier, it's not worth that time to save £60.

I'd recommend avoiding them until they sort out couriers, IT and some sort of UK call centre or at least additional facilities at the Romford Store. I'm sure Brexit and Covid haven't helped but it's not a professional service at the moment. If anything does go wrong you don't want a contract with a company who don't respond to emails, answer the phone or communicate the facts accurately.

I'll let you all know if the stuff arrives

• 1 month later...

I take back anything good i said about DV247. After having a good experience with an order (an expensive keyboard stand), it broke after 2 uses. Its been over a week since I contacted them and not heard anything yet. Rubbish company. 

Edited by dave_bass5
  • Sad 1