Why become a member? ×

Eh up

Rayman

Eh up

So..... It's been years since I was here last. Most of you won't remember me, but a few oldies might. I've been here since the start, since the "Bassworld" days which most of you won't remember. I've been totally out of it all now for at least a couple of years. I totally lost all enthusiasm for bass, and making music generally for no reason I can put my finger on other than concentrating on art. I've had every bass you can imagine.... I must be into 3 figures of them... fender, lakland, musician, sadowsky, ibanez, Yamaha etc.... from 3k to £100 (best P bass I ever had... a 100 quid knackered MIJ Squier from the bay).... 

Anyway.... 2yrs since letting my last 2 Yamaha BBs go..... I got the itch again... my Mrs has bought me (with my guidance) an old Yamaha RBX460.

It's, really fun to play, made in Taiwan, around 1997 I think. I'm already looking for pickup upgrades lol.... but it decent as it is...  anyways..   Just dropping in....

👍🏻

IMG_20210711_134144_905.jpg

• Like 14

Hi pal

Well, I've always said, you can play anything on anything...  (I played slap funk on a Thunderbird once! Not entirely successfully)..  but yeah it grunts nicely, I just need a decent amp.... I'm really starting from ground zero again 

Welcome back!

I share your situation  - had 18 months off, had no intention of ever playing again.

Then the itch came back for me, and I'm loving it again as well. It's nice to actually enjoy picking the bass up, something I really lost in the months leading up to my own break.

• Like 1

I think a lot of us have been there. I haven’t touched a bass in 18 months, sold my amp and swore I wouldn’t gig again. Currently learning a set list and researching amps 🤣.

I am very fond of those Yamaha’s, my first bass was an RBX260 with a single P pickup. I kept it while ‘upgrading’ basses and eventually had a full USA American standard Precision, but the Yamaha always sounded better, more top end and bite.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ped said:

Welcome back! I remember you :)

Hello pal.... thought you might 😆 Not seen you since bassday Manchester? The year Nathan East and Jeff Berlin were there? You were there right?

9 minutes ago, NJE said:

I think a lot of us have been there. I haven’t touched a bass in 18 months, sold my amp and swore I wouldn’t gig again. Currently learning a set list and researching amps 🤣.

I am very fond of those Yamaha’s, my first bass was an RBX260 with a single P pickup. I kept it while ‘upgrading’ basses and eventually had a full USA American standard Precision, but the Yamaha always sounded better, more top end and bite.

I've always been a Yamaha guy.... since I had an '85 BB3000S..   had loads of them since. Great quality for not much money. I acquired an RBX160?? For the son of a friend some years back.... I preferred it to the Sadowsky Jazz I had at the time 

Eh up Russ, long time no see! Last time being when you bought my Yammy BB300. I pretty well stopped playing myself and had zero gear but I found inspiration somewhere and started up again and now find myself playing a lot and enjoying it, plus I have some really nice basses to enjoy. Nice to have you around matey.

• Like 1

I came back after a long break too mate. Now I'm bankrupt and own more amps, cabs, basses, straps, bags, boxes, pedals and God knows what else, than I can practically store.

Edited by stewblack
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, bigthumb said:

Eh up Russ, long time no see! Last time being when you bought my Yammy BB300. I pretty well stopped playing myself and had zero gear but I found inspiration somewhere and started up again and now find myself playing a lot and enjoying it, plus I have some really nice basses to enjoy. Nice to have you around matey.

Ahh thanks mate, yeah those two BB300s were the last basses I had!

FB_IMG_1626121971576.jpg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, FinnDave said:

I have an old friend in Macclesfield who was selling most of his bass gear - if you still need an amp & cab, I could ask him for you.

Bit skint mate, just changed jobs, but I WILL be looking for an amp very soon. Wonder who your mate is?