Why become a member? ×

NBD Vintage Modern P bass

artisan

1 hour ago, neepheid said:

No-one said these were inherently bad because they're not MIA.  Seems like defending them before they needed to be defended.

I think they look good.  My beef with the price is that it'll drop off a cliff in the second hand market, because it's not a Fender.  It doesn't matter where it's from.  It could be the best P bass Fender never made - that won't matter a jot to a predimonantly ill-informed marketplace.  Because of this, and because I can't be trusted not to get bored/distracted and sell basses on, I would never consider buying this bass.

But I hope that they work out for you, that you never sell them and enjoy playing them for a long time.

No worries,I was being a tad over defensive I agree 😁

I hear you with the second had value as I have had countless basses over the past decades & lost thousands in the process,infact I've just lost £800 on a Canadian Dingwall that I just couldn't gel with.

So far though I'm really liking this P bass & can't wait to use it in Monday's rehearsal 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sibob said:

Mine has arrived :D.....thread incoming

Si

Awesome 👌

Eagerly awaiting your thoughts on it.

I really love mine,it just feels so familiar,like I've been playing it for years.

Edited by artisan
  • Like 1

On 13/07/2021 at 09:15, artisan said:

Ah but it is a lot better bass than an MIA Fender.

Massively better quality all round & a very nice roast maple neck.

I don't get the bias just because of where it's made,my Dingwall Combustion was made in China & that is fantastic quality.

Sadowsky Metroline made in Japan which is the far East,people pay much more for one of those & you couldn't possibly say they are lower quality than a MIA Fender.

LOL ok. Nice looking bass.

Used this baby at rehearsal last night & every member of the band commented on how good it sounded,I had to agree.

It is a massive improvement over the Dingwall ABZ I traded for it sound wise.

The Dingwall was beautifully made & played really nicely but I just couldn't get a sound out of it I liked,just never gelled.

20210719_200940.jpg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Lozz196 said:

They certainly sound very good on the YouTube review 

It's just as good in real life.

I've owned loads of basses over the years,including many P's & this is a very nice P bass indeed.

It was a bit of a gamble when I did the trade as I didn't get to play it until it arrived so was very happy with it indeed.

My band plays classic sabbath tunes & the Dingwall just didn't fit,whereas the P fits perfectly,I can get my Geezer mojo going.

I actually find it easier & more comfortable than the Dingwall too,so much so I'm tempted to sell/trade Combustion for another one of these.

3 hours ago, such said:

These look super nice. A P-bass is like a burger - quality ingredients put together by someone who knows what they're doing and you get something hugely satisfying. 

Indeed & a perfect description of this bass,it really is very good.

What ever basses I own I always end up back on a P bass,if I just keep this one I'll save myself a fortune 

Love the colour choice of your MV... wondered how you are finding it noise wise? The one negative for me so far is I've noticed its louder than my other basses (in terms on shielding). Only really noticeable through headphones and easily sorted, but still a little disappointing for this price point. 

19 hours ago, MarshallBTB said:

Love the colour choice of your MV... wondered how you are finding it noise wise? The one negative for me so far is I've noticed its louder than my other basses (in terms on shielding). Only really noticeable through headphones and easily sorted, but still a little disappointing for this price point. 

Thanks 😊

I haven't noticed any noise from mine at all,although I've only used it at rehearsal so far but it seems very quiet so far.

I'll try it through the headphones when I get chance & report back