Why become a member? ×

5 string P pickups. Let's have some symmetry to save the aesthetic..

1 hour ago, BigRedX said:

...The only solution I can see would be for both halves to be the same (3 string) size, but instead of having them overlap in the middle, would be to have the half only detecting two strings to stick up or down beyond the lowest or highest string. But then you're back to poor aesthetics again...

5String_Combined_Small.png.6e94832817b26cb224080986f0834282.png

I think we can achieve what you're after by having a substantial overhang on both sides.

EDIT: Of course this would look weird with exposed pole pieces, since you would need a dummy pole piece where the 6th string would be to have a even magnetic field (why you're bothering to make the coils the same footprint in the first place!)

EDIT pt II: The "6th String" mentioned in my EDIT would be a low F# (I think?) in the above mock ups, a third pole piece in the B & E coil.

Edited by PlungerModerno

8 hours ago, BigRedX said:

The only solution I can see would be for both halves to be the same (3 string) size, but instead of having them overlap in the middle, would be to have the half only detecting two strings to stick up or down beyond the lowest or highest string. But then you're back to poor aesthetics again...

I agree 100%