Why become a member? ×

Vintage (Brand) Precision Bass

thebigyin

Unfortunately i can't upload any photos but recently purchased a Vintage (Brand) Precision Bass it's obviously second hand but it's an old one the chap i bought it off had owned it at least 15 years....it's not a reissue or V4, i presume it's one of the original one's....looks nicely made and plays well, well worn and scratchplate is nicely tarnished....anyone had one and are they decent basses, only paid £50 so presume it's a steal any info on these will be very much appreciated.

• Like 1

I had one of their Tony Butler Sig Precisions and it was a very good bass indeed. Well put together, played and sounded great. Out of all of the more budget range basses I’d tried in order to find a backup to my US Fender Precision it was the nearest in both neck size and sound. I got mine cheap (though spent a fair bit on it afterwards) but £50 is an absolute steal. Vintage imo make very under-rated instruments.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

Or something like that. Maybe 850

Lol I'm not going to pretend I know the model. It was my first bass, the neck is super slim, and it has very narrow string spacing. Over the years I have replaced the tuning pegs, and put some EMGs in it and it's still a great bass to play. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...