Why become a member? ×

Fender Mustang Bass Flight Case

Fuzzbass2000

Any recommendations for a suitable flight case? My go to was a Mono stored in the overhead on Easyjet, but it seems that option has no been removed.

It's odd how Fender don't seem to make an SKB style case for Mustang basses, considering how many Mustangs they have in the range.

I got one made about 10 years ago by Flight Case Warehouse when I had to fly mine. I sent a tracing of my Mustang and then they made a case to fit. Looks like they're charging £180 now... The thing is a tank though and really well made. 

https://www.flightcasewarehouse.co.uk/industry/product.asp?item=bass-guitar-flight-case-fits-all-3140-3980

20 hours ago, Paul S said:

Pretty sure it is this model that fits:

https://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Gator-GC-ELEC-XL-Deluxe-Moulded-Case-For-Electric-Guitars-Extra-Long/CU0

I've also used a hard case for a 335 shaped semi-hollow for a short scale Mustang/Musicmaster.

I use this one for my Mustangs when I need a hard case rather than the gig bags. A tight fit but works just fine.

13 minutes ago, martthebass said:

It’s snug length wise but it doesn’t need to be forced in. I’ve had one my Mustangs stored in one for months without issue.

Given the Mustang’s somewhat narrow proportions, how well is it secured sideways? Any chance of a photo in situ?