Why become a member? ×

A Good Outcome

bassace

I have a good friend who is a bit poorly and is coming to the end of his playing days. He still has his guitars but has sold his drum kits and bits. Which brings him to his double basses - yes, he’s quite versatile. On one of our regular phone calls he asked me to help him with his Martin and a 7/8 German Bass. I remember going to see George Martin with him when he bought that bass and if it wasn’t that I’m on a downsize I’d have snapped it up.

I phoned George and explained the circumstances and although Martin’s rarely buy basses in, unless they are old and have improvement potential, we agreed a price for the two basses. A bit of a bargain price but one to make it worth George’s while and which would satisfy my friend.

After George collected the basses I emailed him to thank him for accommodating my friend. He told me that he already had someone coming to see the bass who had a small budget, was going to music college and who Martins wanted to help. If that happens it will be a great result and my friend will be absolutely delighted.

• Like 12

• 2 weeks later...

Great stuff! 

I really like these type of posts. You hear too much negativity about businesses, sometimes justified, sometimes just that things don't go as planned, but it's always great to hear when deals are done where everyone comes out happy, and the black dog called Greed is banished to the kennel. 

Wells done for being the 'fixer'. 🙂👍