Why become a member? ×

Where am i ?

fryer

I seem to have arrived at some chat line !!

Joined last month, and this is really helpfull, for an old revitalised player. I started playing when my Dad bought me a Framus Star bass in 1963. Played for a few years, then haven't played again 'till last year. Now loving it - playing with a few friends, and collecting equipment - GAS is addictive. Now have Bob P's Hofner Club bass, a Fender Precision Lyte, still the Framus, and sorting amp and cabs.

I've already had a lot of help from this site, and I love the photos.

How do I get my 'personal photo' onto the pages - it shows on my profile, and where do the signature and other bits go ?

[quote name='wotnwhy' post='448801' date='Mar 29 2009, 05:46 PM']should you type something in the signature box, it will appear at the bottom of every post you make.

to have a pic on the left, check out 'avatar settings' in your control panel.

and welcome to the forums! now lets see that vintage famus :)[/quote]
so, like the 'my classical solo bass ...' and the video of you doing the tango ?

[quote name='Telebass' post='449966' date='Mar 30 2009, 09:33 PM']That seems familiar, somehow...
:)[/quote]

You've been peeking. I didn't copy & paste though - I wrote it all again.

I'm dissapointed - Zoe BS has said hello to everyone else, but not me. I feel left out.

[quote name='Zoe_BillySheehan' post='450987' date='Mar 31 2009, 11:51 PM']HELLO!!! sorry!!! :)

im here ! lol

Z
x[/quote]

Thank you Z - you've made an old man happy. How are you ? If there were a few of you, would you be asleep ( zzz ) ? R

[quote name='Jam' post='451970' date='Apr 1 2009, 09:26 PM']Get me enough beer and you can call me whatever you like![/quote]

I prefer Kopparberg Pear Cider. Everyone should try it.

Anyway, Zoe has now said hello, and she doesn't need as much beer, and she hasn't got a french horn stuck in her mouth, so you're demoted to the back of the queue.

And, 200 + looks at this post, and less than a dozen replies - don't people know how to talk anymore ? I'm not proud - I'll talk to anyone.

So, we're getting a band together, playing a mix of Country and Western Reggae. We've got a Rastafarian singer, Markus, with a wonderful voice, a Welsh sax player ( the player, not the sax, although I suppose it could be from Wales - do the Welsh make sax's ? ) , a guitar playing bloke with 2 LL's ( who I used to play with 40 years ago, ( in a band, not any other type of playing ) and he's excellent ), a bongo basher, another guitarist who's god too ( sorry, he's good not god, 'cos that would make us quite a good ( got it right this time ) band, and when the drummer recovers from his, um, delicate operation, him too.

What's eveyone else doing ?

[quote name='fryer' post='452672' date='Apr 2 2009, 07:14 PM']What's eveyone else doing ?[/quote]
Considering taking up bass again. Played a bit about, uh, well, quite a lot of years ago anyway. Kinda fancy having another crack at it, so... actually, I'll start my own thread and stop hijacking yours :)

Oh, and go easy on the Kopparberg. That's some dangerous stuff.

[quote name='steve-soar' post='452766' date='Apr 2 2009, 09:34 PM']Hi there fryer, nice to see you, to see you, nice.
Lovely Framus there. Sounds like a great band, I was supposed to be doing a gig tonight but it got pulled, so I can say hello.
Is your Dad still playing?
Steve.[/quote]

Hi Steve. Well he died some years ago, age 73, but he was still playing the double bass in his late 60's. He was a great entertainer. Maybe he's taken up the harp ? Rich

[quote name='hopkinsgm' post='452784' date='Apr 2 2009, 09:52 PM']Considering taking up bass again. Played a bit about, uh, well, quite a lot of years ago anyway. Kinda fancy having another crack at it, so... actually, I'll start my own thread and stop hijacking yours :)

Oh, and go easy on the Kopparberg. That's some dangerous stuff.[/quote]

You must start again - playing, not downing Kopparberg. I'm glad I restarted. Can't play like I used to yet, but getting there slowly.

[quote name='fryer' post='452845' date='Apr 2 2009, 11:20 PM']You must start again - playing, not downing Kopparberg.[/quote]
Thank you for clarifying. Not sure where I'd be able to find Kopparberg at this time of night and all I've got in is red wine and some cheeky honey beers... And as for starting playing, bass shopping starts properly this weekend. :)

G

[quote name='hopkinsgm' post='452872' date='Apr 2 2009, 11:55 PM']Thank you for clarifying. Not sure where I'd be able to find Kopparberg at this time of night and all I've got in is red wine and some cheeky honey beers... And as for starting playing, bass shopping starts properly this weekend. :)

G[/quote]

So what did you get ?