Why become a member? ×

Hi from Leicestershire

Bassfingers

Hello,

Just dropping a line or two to introduce myself. 

I'm in Leicestershire, mid 50s. I played bass back in the 80s and after a loooong break I picked it up again, probably five years ago now. Since then it's been a daily obsession. If I'm not playing bass I'm thinking about bass, window shopping for basses on the internet, reading music theory or taking basses apart and swapping components out etc. You know how it is! 😆

I'm mostly playing a stingray HH. It's a beautiful, well crafted instrument, but I do keep jumping back on to a beat up cheap old fretless for fun. 

Over the last year I've been schooling myself in jazz to stretch my playing (and brain) a bit. I'm most at home with a good funk line. I'm no Joe Dart, but maybe one day! 

Anyhoo - nice to be part of the community. 

Look forward to basschatting with some of you in the future. 😎

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bassfingers said:

One day, we should all drop a low B at precisely the same time - see if we register on the Richter scale 😎

I’ll need some low flying insects as I only have proper basses 😝

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bassfingers said:

Thanks for the welcome BB - Glad I'm not the only Bass Player in the village! 

WELCOME !! I'm just on your doorstep in Oakham, Rutland, you'll find there's lots of bass players in the village !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gafbass02 said:

Welcome. I’m living in Cheltenham now, but grew up in Lutterworth, rehearsed in Melton and lived in Leicester until 15 years ago. 🙂

Thanks for the welcome GB. Another Leicestershire Bass Player - must be something in the water - or maybe something about the relaxed, non showy culture over here! 🤣

• Like 1