Why become a member? ×

Paul Simonon's bass inducted into Museum of London

TheGreek

21 minutes ago, EssentialTension said:

If I were going to do that, which I never would, I'd get a luthier (or at least a guitar tech) to preprepare a bass for easy smashing. Maybe even with a few hinges so it's not really broke but just unhinged and easily folds back together like a Transformer.

Good plan...although in his case it didn't really matter as sadley he died suddenly a couple of days later. It was their last gig

35 minutes ago, EssentialTension said:

If I were going to do that, which I never would, I'd get a luthier (or at least a guitar tech) to preprepare a bass for easy smashing. Maybe even with a few hinges so it's not really broke but just unhinged and easily folds back together like a Transformer.

I saw a band a while back. The Carburetors playing in Hamburg. My mate who lives and plays there is  mates with them so I got backstage and said to the rhythm guitarist , great set man but I was saddened that you smashed up a nice guitar? Did you not notice? He said, just before, I swapped it out for a cheap and nasty guitar.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Richard R said:

A rare breed - do you wear a hat on stage?:hi:

I've been known to yes. I also was known to strut and pose for the ladies don't you know. Later I would just smile suggestively.

22 hours ago, Richard R said:

I just hide behind a pillar and try to play the right notes! 

Slightly off topic, I wasted an evening at a Mavericks concert in London. I couldn’t see where the high harmonies were coming from as the bass player and drummer were obviously not the source. 
 I moved across to the side of the.auditorium (standing only) and saw keyboard player Jerry Dale McFadden hidden just off the side of the stage supplying backing vocals. At that time the band was still officially a trio.