Why become a member? ×

Can someone ID these DB strings please?

Beedster

No idea where I got these from but took of my gut E and A as they weren't quite as articulate as I'd like for my current gig. Surprised to find that these really sound good on my 4/4. Anyone know what they are, would like to try a D and G

Cheers

Chris

image.thumb.png.c17bed03bde9637a83e9ab32b7d5487a.png

Edited by Beedster

12 minutes ago, pete.young said:

The orange windings look like my Presto lights, but the ones I have are silver in colour not black.

Thanks Pete, hope all's well mate. Yep, know what you mean, but these are definitely nylon strings. I suspect they may be La Bellas actually

Yep. Presto Jazzicato Tungenstens.

I'm not keen on the D from this set. There's not  much difference in guage between the D and the A, so the D has a much higher tension than the rest of the set.  I liked the sound and feel of the G but just couldn't get past the stupid tension imbalance across the set.

Thanks guys, I've guts on G and D, having removed the A and E from that set on the basis of being rather muddy, and having found that these two Jazzicatos sit nicely in their place. I was wondering whether I should get a D and G. But on the basis of the above, possibly not! 

Thanks for your help folks

Chris

36 minutes ago, Beedster said:

Thanks guys, I've guts on G and D, having removed the A and E from that set on the basis of being rather muddy, and having found that these two Jazzicatos sit nicely in their place. I was wondering whether I should get a D and G. But on the basis of the above, possibly not! 

Thanks for your help folks

Chris

I can lend you a G and A if you want to try them? They'll be 3/4 though.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TheRev said:

I can lend you a G and A if you want to try them? They'll be 3/4 though.

Very kind offer mate, many thanks, but it's a rather long 4/4 so might not make it if you get my drift. Much appreciated however. Chris

• Thanks 1