Why become a member? ×

Shuker 4 string bolt on Elite. The 'Lady T'

Tinman

[quote name='Tinman' post='53514' date='Aug 31 2007, 05:37 PM']It was, Darren just chose to tease me with it :)[/quote]
Actually, I've no idea how that happened. I'm sure I posted it in the right thread :huh:

I was just looking at mine and thinking ... that's weird ... I can't see any of my pictures I wonder where they went. It has been a bit of a manic day though so I'll just plead insanity and re-post the pictures in the proper thread :huh:

More haste less speed etc etc.

I was going to wait for Jon to send through some pics that he took a little while ago, before posting the ones that Darren(Entropiclqd) took on Thursday but I don't see the point.

so here you are, the latest progress report.

I just love that face-like feature on the front.

BTW I'm calling her (rightly or wrongly) 'Lady T'

Many, many thanks to Darren.

[quote name='Bassmonster' post='53812' date='Sep 1 2007, 01:35 PM']oh yes, starting to look the part now, its getting there pete[/quote]

[quote name='Rich' post='53857' date='Sep 1 2007, 03:25 PM']I lurrrve that body shape :)
'Tis gonna be fabbaroony[/quote]

Thanks guys, I'm well chuffed. I think it's shaping up to be masterpiece like all the others Jon makes.

This is weird :)

Can anyone else see these?

Rhino's head here:

And the springer spaniel's face here with a little sloth peeping over the top of his head:

oooh and I've just noticed at the bottom of that one ^ a distorted version of Munch's 'The Scream'

Maybe I've just been sniffing too many patchouli incense sticks :huh:

[quote name='Tinman' post='53872' date='Sep 1 2007, 04:04 PM']She's weird.

I mean, I know there's a face-like feature on the front but a rhinoceros? A springer spaniel? A bloody SLOTH? What the hell is she on?[/quote]

If you don't stop being mean you're gonna have a new face-like feature.

On your face.

It will be the imprint the garden spade makes when I bash you with it.

Some more pics. Jon sent me these last night, they don't look that much different from the ones that Darren took but they show a little progress from Thursday.
What they show is holes in the Buckeye filled and the body given a good sanding so that it's ready for the basecoat to go on. Jon reckons that the wood will really come alive once that first coat is applied.

(Plus it's a good excuse for me to post more pictures :) )

More pics soon haha

More progress on 'Lady T.

Jon sent me these pics of the neck last night, the excitement is really starting to get to me now :)

7 piece laminate consisting of maple, black walnut and mahogany. Beautiful!!!

The headstock when finished will have a layer of white sycamore underneath the buckeye burl (same as the body)

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Mrs Tinman' post='53877' date='Sep 1 2007, 04:14 PM']If you don't stop being mean you're gonna have a new face-like feature.

On your face.

It will be the imprint the garden spade makes when I bash you with it.[/quote]

oh my god i almost cried with laughter reading that :)
an dude... your bass is looking f%#king mental!!!

i cant wait to see it with its first coat on the body, i should imagine it would really bring out the colour :huh:

lucky sod :huh:

[quote name='cai!' post='68868' date='Oct 2 2007, 11:17 PM']oh my god i almost cried with laughter reading that :)
an dude... your bass is looking f%#king mental!!!

i cant wait to see it with its first coat on the body, i should imagine it would really bring out the colour :huh:

lucky sod :huh:[/quote]

Don't encourage her mate, she's daft enough as it is :huh:

As for more pics, my breath is as bated as yours :huh:

Edit: And just in case anyone is wondering why I'm calling the bass 'Lady T', I'm dedicating it to my wonderful looney wife Terri who in more ways than one saved my life. I had a kind of BB King moment one evening and decided to give it a name. To me it's perfect. :huh:

Edited by Tinman

[quote name='Mike' post='68986' date='Oct 3 2007, 11:20 AM']Lovely neck! This is agony, I'm starting to wonder whether a custom is worth it, all this pain![/quote]

Agony doesn't even come close! As to whether it's worth it, I have absolutely no doubts whatsoever. :)

[quote name='Tinman' post='68994' date='Oct 3 2007, 11:39 AM']Agony doesn't even come close! As to whether it's worth it, I have absolutely no doubts whatsoever. :huh:[/quote]

Keep the faith :)
It's worth it ....
Or buy the 6 string Shuker currently for sale on ebay :huh: