Why become a member? ×

New Trace Elliot amp

Merton

17 hours ago, EBS_freak said:

But they are definitely not Peavey.

Mind you, conversely, you could say that folks driving around in Porsches and Lamborghinis are in reality, driving around in Skodas.

There's a Lotus which is a rebadged Vauxhall.

1 hour ago, MacDaddy said:

There's a Lotus which is a rebadged Vauxhall.

Otherway round. It was GM that funded Lotus to produce the VX220 which would share the Lotus S2 Elise chassis - but little else more. (Different shells, engines, transmissions etc)

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Stub Mandrel said:

There's long history of Lotuses being made from parts bins of other manufacturers, especially GM.

Was it the Esprit that had Opel Manta suspension?

Vauxhall Cavalier.

The parts bin of various manufacturers were well and truly raided. It's like the door handles... they are as cool as f**k... until you realise they were raided from the Austin Allegro parts bin!

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/03/2022 at 16:22, Russ said:

OK, first impressions: 

image.thumb.png.47f3f4ec559fe83b9bfe46f7b9d66662.png

Rack ears are cheesy. 

Could you please show us all the rack mounting kit accesories as that is of high interest to me in particular. I need to know if it will fit in my current rack system ( and maybe replace my '92 2U AH200 GP12!) 😁

Screenshot 2022-04-07 at 01.52.04.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
25 minutes ago, 2elliot said:

Do these heads really exist or was it an elaborate joke?... I'm getting itchy fingers for a new amp.

They exist in the USA but not in the UK. Probably production issues not dissimilar to what is happening with Mesa.

• Like 2

On 02/07/2022 at 06:15, 2elliot said:

Do these heads really exist or was it an elaborate joke?... I'm getting itchy fingers for a new amp.

They definitely exist - I have one in the cupboard. :D

Going to gig it for the first time in a few weeks - will report back on it then. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Downunderwonder said:

Shouldn't it be in a closet where you are via?

I still speak the Queen's English. It'll take more than six years over here to knock that out of me. :D

Seriously considering moving back at the moment. My (American) missus has finally cracked, all the recent gun stuff has pushed her over the edge. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Rich said:

Try Canada. Or mainland Europe. Anywhere but this godforsaken dump.

Canada would be perfect, except that house prices have been on a trip to the Sun there for over a decade. You'd need to be minted to afford something in a city or suburb. But yes. Guns and Rights *shudder*

I like TE stuff, would be good to try one out. Guess with current issues it might be a while! September they said. Which year, eh?!

3 hours ago, Rich said:

Try Canada. Or mainland Europe. Anywhere but this godforsaken dump.

After six years over here, you appreciate what the UK has that other places don't. Right now, it's the fact that my kids won't get shot at school, have to do lockdown drills, and then have to say the pledge of allegiance to the place that permits all this to happen. 

I like Canada - have been there a couple of times. But we don't know anyone there and immigrating there is tricky. We are considering Ireland as well - I have family there and citizenship, but finding somewhere to live is nigh-on impossible. The housing shortage there is way worse than in the UK. 

It's a work in progress, we're in the "discovery" phase right now. Maybe I'll end up back over there with my TE-1200 before they show up in the shops! :D

• Like 3

Like most countries, Canada has it's problems. Here in the Greater Toronto Area we have our share of gun crime but not at a level as the US.  We arrived here in late 1973 and Canada has been mostly kind to us. I ended up working for our electricity generating utility. Now retired I have a reasonable pension and an excellent health benefit plan that covers just about anything. 

• 1 month later...

There's a thread about this kicking around already: 

Not sure if one's been seen in the wild this side of the pond yet.  I'm interested myself - it certainly ticks all the boxes for a completely unnecessary and over-powered purchase for my current bass 'needs'! 😄

Edited by Bass Culture
  • Thanks 1