Why become a member? ×

New Trace Elliot amp

Merton

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Merton said:

Nothing forthcoming. I suspect it's caught up in the many component shortages etc and probably now slated for a January NAMM release?

Damn, I really want to get some specs. That 4x10 looking cabinet in a previous video has got me super intrigued. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm itching to try these out. If they can get the old SMX tone into a decently powerful class D head then I'm going to be first in line. I wasn't a massive fan of the ELF (maybe a bit gimmicky?), but it did sound like a Trace.

That 2x12" in the Wimbish video looks pretty tasty too. 

• Like 1

I had a dream the other day that I was using my Trace AH400 GP12 SMX (correct order of name? - one of these https://reverb.com/item/28042456-trace-elliot-ah400-gp12-smx ) with my old MIJ Fender 62 Reissue P bass into a Peavey 4x10 I used to have .

The sound was exactly what I remember, Tight, punchy and bright.

I miss all of those parts of my sound which I eventually sold on. I would definitely be interested in a modern Trace Amp with a good amount of power.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, AndyTravis said:

Is that the best they could do with the font/logo?

like the idea though - 2 of those cabs…Ooft.

AB90FC39-F90E-4AF4-A74B-4E2200C34795.png

Yeah @eude and I were saying the same thing about the fonts. I really like the idea of the head (it’s the backlit green innit!), and am looking forward to the 2x12 cab as well… they look well thought out.

9 hours ago, Merton said:

Yeah @eude and I were saying the same thing about the fonts. I really like the idea of the head (it’s the backlit green innit!), and am looking forward to the 2x12 cab as well… they look well thought out.

Yup, the nasty, basic italic sans serif font completely spoils the look, why on earth they didn't just ape the style of the old Trace stuff I have no idea.

Given how long this has taken to appear, you'd think they could have spent another day on the graphics...

This has pretty much everything I’d be looking for in a new TE higher powered head. Power amp in and pre out, pre-shape and dual band compression, straightforward tone stack, recording interface, mute, accessories included.  Lightweight too (I think) - looking forward to more on the amp module and power supply. Logo isn’t too obtrusive for me. Checking bank.

Edited by three
  • Like 1