Why become a member? ×

NBD - Alusonic Django Supreme 5 Custom Shop

6feet7

I saw this on BC last Wednesday, paid Giovanni in Italy on Thursday and it arrived this afternoon (many thanks UPS)

All I can say is 'WOW'. When I used to play guitar (many, many years ago), I always lusted after a stainless steel Stratocaster, but that being the early days of the internet, I couldn't find one, so I wasn't going to lose the opportunity to get this bass the second I saw it.

It was built in late 2018, with an aircraft grade Aluminium alloy body, rear of body and scratchplate in carbon fibre, bolt on hard maple neck with graphite reinforcing rods and graphitex fretboard with 24 frets and luminlay side dots, Hipshot Ultralight tuners, Alusonic Hybrid Alnico5/Neodymium MM + J pickup with a 3-way selector for the bridge pickup, and preamp with volume, blend, bass, mid and treble, and weighs only 3.9 kg.

The changes to the basic version are:

- flatter radius.

- block inlays instead of simple dots.

- 3-way preamp instead of 2.

- 3-way selector instead of 5, which acts only on the bridge pickup in series / parallel / single coil mode.

- blend on the preamp instead of the 5 pre-selected combinations.

It feels absolutely wonderful and sounds better than pretty much any other bass I've ever played. I think I'm going to have to keep my eye out for another one :)

Alu1.jpg

Alu2.jpg

Alu3.jpg

Alu4.jpg

Alu5.jpg

Alu6.jpg

Alu7.jpg

Edited by 6feet7
  • Like 7

17 minutes ago, LeftyJ said:

Do tell me more about the gauge of that B string! That looks HUGE. 

I think it's only a 130 - Thats what the advert said and I havent changed the strings as they are good. I'll probably put Hi Beams on it eventually (130 or 135). I saw how Alusonics were described online a while back which really attracted me to the sound. It was said that listening to a wooden bass after an Alusonic was like listening to the Alusonic bass with cotton wool in your ears, and I totally agree with that. It's so clear and precise, but reacts well to overdrive too :)