Why become a member? ×

Quick Introduction

Monarch

Hi all!

I thought I would post a quick introduction!  I've been playing bass for around 20 years, but I have recently only just started playing again after a break over the last couple of years.  There were many reasons for taking a break, the birth of my son, my old function band calling it a day...the usual.  To be honest it was never intentional, I just gradually stopped playing to the point where I would go several months without touching my bass and I didn't really miss it either.  A couple of months back my function band got back together, I started learning new material, practicing daily; it completely revitalised my love of playing the bass!

So now I am back, slowly trying to build some new routines, and getting back to practicing consistently.  After selling a lot of my gear midway through my break, I have recently purchased a cheap TC Electronics rig from Anderton's (BH800 and K410 cab).  The band has a few gigs lined up at some reasonably sized venues, and for the price they are currently for sale at, it felt like a no brainer!  No doubt as I get more and more into playing again I'll start looking for an upgrade (I miss my Aguilar head...), but for now it will do the job.  I look forward to hopefully adding some value and contributing around the site.

Thanks,

Andy

Edited by Monarch
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, AndyCleaver said:

Currently playing a Sire V7 4 string, first gen! Gets the job done for now but I’m already itching for some new gear 😂 

Confused myself then! My mobile had stored my details of my old account I haven't used for three years, answer remains the same and you can see my old gear through the sales I made on my old account here!  Can a mod delete my old account?  I don't use the email address associated anymore and would like to stick with this one!

Andy

+