Why become a member? ×

Rich

I'm quite taken with some of the examples of 'steampunk' instruments I've seen online. I'm half tempted to have a go at a mild steampunking of a bass, as it would fit quite well with the quasi-Victorian/Edwardian stage image I'm currently putting together for one of my bands. Have any of you lovely people ever done anything in a similar vein?
I don't envisage doing anything quite as complex as this Jazz, but I am quite taken with the milder look that's been done to this Tele.

Pin on Cool rockin gutiars Pin on Beautiful Electric Guitars

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, Rich said:

I'm quite taken with some of the examples of 'steampunk' instruments I've seen online. I'm half tempted to have a go at a mild steampunking of a bass, as it would fit quite well with the quasi-Victorian/Edwardian stage image I'm currently putting together for one of my bands. Have any of you lovely people ever done anything in a similar vein?
I don't envisage doing anything quite as complex as this Jazz, but I am quite taken with the milder look that's been done to this Tele.

Pin on Cool rockin gutiars Pin on Beautiful Electric Guitars

The Tele looks amazing. Jazz a bit OTT for me.

• Like 3

Anyone heard of ''Steam Powered Giraffe"?

Eldest (16) is in to this kind of thing...

Top Hat and Goggles, Tunic or Tails type Jackets, weird makup... Great to be out and about (Teasco's!) with em getting odd looks! (them not me, well i think its at them!)

Edited by PaulThePlug

Steampunk festival held here in Llanfyllin for a couple of years before the pandemic

great to see characterfully dressed peeps on the street 👍

'a bit like Hawkwind' was how somebody I knew who went described some of the bands

Back before the world ended there used to be regular steam punk events in town. It got to the point where you'd see them so often it just became a normal sight. I guess there must be quite a steam punk scene in town because they'd be wandering around town when there weren't events on. I guess it made a nice change from the hipsters in their vintage flying jackets and the estate agents in pink shirts with massive watches and orange skin.

I've always wondered, is it healthier to steam your punk? Does it keep in the goodness?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SteveXFR said:

I've always wondered, is it healthier to steam your punk? Does it keep in the goodness?

I prefer fried punk, steam punk is healthiest - but who wants punk to be healthy? 

• Haha 3

There's some interesting cool stuff out there, the ready made  Trussart and similar look nice if expensive, does anyone remember the TAR guitar and bass ? Kind of all aluminum things as I recall...

As a bit of a welder I have been tempted to make a steel bodied "thing" of some kind, problem is having the time/ can't be arsed  quotient !

19 hours ago, MacDaddy said:

Bite guitars have a Steampunk graphic option. This is just a quick mock up from their configurator:

image.png.6066ec01331eda390d6c14c6572d0d85.png

Bite guitars. Never heard of them. They look pretty decent. Has anyone had any experience with one?