Why become a member? ×

NBD: Solar AB2.4BOP

Iron1

So, I just bought the TRBX174, then put Entwistle Neodymium pickups in it (which rock, BTW) and a buddy popped up needing to sell stuff to cover unexpected bills. He made me a deal I couldn't say no to on this monster and now I have a TRBX w/Entwistle pickups for sale. :lol: 

4mQkH9P.jpg

sX7Liuk.jpg

Tx89rYT.jpg

FbjtNDk.jpg

qYQmBtk.jpg

It's nice & light while still feeling very substantial. Has a very fast neck that's smooth as silk. The tuning keys are a great added bonus, as the ergonomic shape makes them easier to turn (for me at least). Took me a bit of tone fiddling to dial in a fat tone, but I started with one I'd dialed in for the TRBX and ended with a tone I like even more than those Entwistles. Overall, I'm very in love with this one. I held onto the TRBX until this arrived as I wasn't sure which one I'd keep, but now that I have them both, it's a no brainer. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, uk_lefty said:

Never seen or heard of those before. Love the body on it. 

www.solar-guitars.com check 'em out! 

17 minutes ago, bloke_zero said:

Looks deadly! Great finish - how does it sound?

It sounds great. At first I wasn't keen on the pickups, but after some adjustments and tone fiddling I love them. For manufacturer pickups, I don't see how you can go wrong. I don't like them quite as much as I like the Ibanez Powerspans, but they get the job done for sure.