Why become a member? ×

Rare !

Nealepi

There is a bass on Ebay for sale and its description says “This iconic bass guitar is in great condition and plays lovely. Rare edition with chrome string guard.” surely its standard, The colour is pretty standard and the “string guard” is what a lot take off.

20 minutes ago, Waddo Soqable said:

Could be the ad is for a "rickenFaker" copy type thing, that seems to create even more fear at it's mention than the real thing..!

Mental isn't it..! :)

Nah its genuine but just cant understand why anyone would say its rare ? Just makes me wonder if its not a scam using photos of previous sales.

24 minutes ago, Jus Lukin said:

Without seeing the ad it's hard to say, and linking to it won't be allowed.

If it's a 4005 then it I'll be rare, but a 4001/3 probably not. There are a handful of other Rick bass models, none of which are particularly common, so it depends how one defines 'rare'. Folks on Ebay are rather keen to use the term, it seems.

4003 Fireglow

1 hour ago, 4000 said:

Have just seen the ad. It’s a bog standard 4003 from several years back, before they reintroduced the full width inlays. And to be picky, it’s Fireglo, not Fireglow. 😉

Tell me more about the full width inlays please

15 hours ago, Graham said:

When people write "rare" in adds, I read it as "so unpopular/impracticable that manufacture was ceased almost immediately"

I ignore the word completely in ads, it's almost never true.

• Like 1