Why become a member? ×

***SOLD*** FS/FT Squier Modified Billy Sheehan Originally Mike Dirnt Signature
£400
Wokingham

LouieM

This is a modified Squier that is a Mike dirnt signature bass. It has got hipshot tuners and a hipshot D-Tuner. The pickups are a Dimarzio P pickup and a Dimarzio Model one. They sound amazing by themselves and together. The p pickup has a stacked volume and tone knob and the neck pickup has a single volume. Using these both together create a very punchy sound with a lot of bottom end. There is a small crack in the lacquer where the drop tuner has been installed but it doesn't affect anything at all. The strings are 90-30 gauge rotosound so if you plan on putting heavier gauge strings then be prepared to do a bit of a setup. Collection from Wokingham.

Will consider trades, offer me what you've got!

Back of body.jpg

BAck of headstock.jpg

Tiny crack laquer.jpg

Bass neck.jpg

Bass all.jpg

Bass front.jpg

Edited by LouieM
sold
  • Like 9

On 05/07/2021 at 19:29, karlfer said:

❤️❤️❤️

Oh dear I've had a bit of a moment 😍

Karl, I sold that bass to Mike Mason and that’s how I got to know him. Sore loss, RIP Mike 😔❤️

• Like 1

The necks of both this Squier Dirnt and the Fender Dirnt have specs which are a bit uncommon.

The nut width is 1.6", just beneath the usual 1.625"-1.75" range for a P, with a profile they call Thick C.

To compare, the current Squier CV specs are 1.69" nut with a Slim C profile.

Presumably that combination feels nicely rounded, but still totally manageable.

Many thanks to @Jonesy for telling me this all of half a week ago ;)

• LouieM changed the title to ***SOLD*** FS/FT Squier Modified Billy Sheehan Originally Mike Dirnt Signature
  • MB1 locked this topic