Why become a member? ×

Orange Little Bass Thing

Guest BassAdder27

Question for those of you that have one of these beauties.  I hear, via YouTube reviews, that the volume and compressor knobs are notched and not continuous.  I read above, however, that the compressor also acts as a volume boost.  Have any of you found the notched volume knob limiting?  Or does the use of both volume and compressor always get you the volume you need?

Edited by BillyBass

The volume and compressor seem to work together and as mentioned they are notched in 1/2 steps ie vol 1, 1.5, 2, etc etc 

The compressor works as a very good compressor and immediately adds a little volume boost and it seems if you crank the compressor to max you add a tiny bit of grit to the signal. 

You can use it as an always on compressor or turn it on via a footswitch. 
You could I guess use it as a boost but I’m not sure it was designed as that.

The notched volume can or could result in volume levels that are too high or too low as you can’t get less that 0.5 increase / decrease … however you can back off the compressor if the volume is too much or turn your bass volume down a little.

Just purchased the Pedal Baby Bag which also fits the LBT as a carry gig bag .. thank you Orange for advising me of that 👍

Edited by BassAdder27

Bass Terror lets you get an overdriven sound (switchable) controlled by the gain.

LBT has a built in compressor (although no-one has fully explained its characteristics, it seems to behave as a dynamic range reducer with a variable level, effectively an alternative to a gain control?)

LBT's mid-control has a sweepable frequency, Terror's mid frequency is fixed.