Why become a member? ×

Orange Little Bass Thing

Guest BassAdder27

3 hours ago, javi_bassist said:

It is advertised as a clean amp, but it is also advertised as an hybrid amp with tubes and I find it odd. I will have to try it myself because I've always liked Orange amps

Pretty sure my LBT doesn't have any valves in it.

• Like 1

On 14/07/2021 at 10:11, javi_bassist said:

I've always been intrigued by the LBT since it came out. A store next to my house has one at a good price

You live next door to a shop selling bass gear!😮 That's dangerous.

My GAS would get so bad I'd need to go to rehab...and my missus would have probably kicked me out by now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grewster said:

Gigged with mine too at the weekend! Despite being outside and playing into an 8ohm cab didn’t need to go past 3!

Yep for sure this amp is loud !! 

Im typically running my compression at 12 o clock which in itself boosts the volume too !! 

2 minutes ago, BassAdder27 said:

Yep for sure this amp is loud !! 

Im typically running my compression at 12 o clock which in itself boosts the volume too !! 

Mine's at about half way as well, the compression seems to have more affect on the volume the volume control does!

8 minutes ago, MartinB said:

Is the treble control boost-only, and the bass control cut-only, or am I misinterpeting the symbols?

Misinterpretation of the symbols. The up/down arrows are just another way to show top and bottom end :)

Edited by Merton
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Grewster said:

Dumb question here - the Little Orange Bass Thing has two speaker connections ... do I connect an 8ohm speaker cab to each of those for the total 4ohm load or do I daisychain the two cabs ... or either??

I'm fairly certain that the manual illustrates two 8 ohm cabs, one to each outlet, but doesn't specify whether they are in series or parallel I can't check as my  manual has managed to lose itself in the few weeks since I bought the amp!

I'd appreciate a definitive answer as well.