Why become a member? ×

New Talkingbass website

TheGreek

Really enjoy the Talkingbass site. Mark's a really nice fella and a great instructor. He has some really useful FREE sessions on the existing site which should be transferred over to the new forum. Here's the email I got from Mark.

Hi again, Mark here from Talkingbass

So, today I have some MASSIVE news! I guess many of you will have noticed the 'Maintenance Mode' screen greeting you over at the website. Well, we've been hard at work and I'm very excited to announce the release of the all-new Talkingbass Members Area!

Just login as usual and you'll be taken to the totally new site with a huge number of new features. Talkingbass is now a complete social network for bass players where you can mix with a community of like minded musicians!!!

We have a set of forums for every aspect of bass discussion, you can create social Groups on any musical topic you like (I've already added a few obvious ones to get you started), you can direct message each other, you can fill out a complete Profile with information on all your bass interests, browse other profiles and even manage your own News Feed timeline like Facebook.

The News Feed is the heart of the members area and where you land upon login. Here you can see all the latest activity on the site from the forums, groups and your connections. 

All your courses are contained within the My Courses page as before but you'll notice a whole new styling light years beyond the previous incarnation.

I'll be monitoring everything over the next week to iron out any issues so just email or DM me on the site if you notice any problems or have any questions regarding the functionality.

I'm incredibly excited with the future possibilities we've opened with the new site. Hope you like it!!!!

Mark 

Link: https://www.talkingbass.net/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, KiOgon said:

Tried to sign up, got the email but no link to activate membership and no answer from Mark 🙄

I didn't get sent an activation link either so I clicked the re-send and that time it worked (to my junk folder) 

Hi again, Mark here from Talkingbass and it's a special occasion... 

Talkingbass is 8 years old today! 🥳🥳🥳

As you are all aware, we've had massive changes over at the site this week so it's a big celebration in more ways than one.

Over these past 8 years Talkingbass has been steadily building to become one of the most popular bass guitar sites on the internet . The Youtube channel now has over 307,000 subscribers with over 27 million views!! The website is also home to over 106,000 members who now have access to the plethora of new features and the thriving community.

As always, I have to thank you all for your continued support. You are the reason the site continues to grow and I strive to take note of every suggestion you make in an effort to make Talkingbass everything it can be!

8th Anniversary Sale!

To celebrate the 8th Anniversary and the new look web experience, we're holding a special sale. There's currently a 30% discount on all courses. If you've been waiting to grab a bargain, now is the time!

The courses currently available are as follows:

• Beginner Bass Guitar
  • Bassic Fundamentals
  • Chord Tone Essentials
  • Simple Steps To Sight Reading
  • Scale Essentials
  • Simple Steps To Walking Bass
  • Simple Steps To Slap Bass
  • Ear Training For Bass Guitar
  • Chords For Bass Guitar

All courses are available with the current 30% discount. 
Note: Coupons won't work during a sale

Click Here For The Talkingbass Sale

Mark 

Edited by TheGreek

• 3 weeks later...

I have tried to purchase talkingbass lessons, but I can't because I can't create an account.  I can't create an account because I have not received the confirmation email.  Left messages on the "contact us" form, but no respose yet.  

Feeling somewhat deflated :-(

20 minutes ago, Don Q said:

I have tried to purchase talkingbass lessons, but I can't because I can't create an account.  I can't create an account because I have not received the confirmation email.  Left messages on the "contact us" form, but no respose yet.  

Feeling somewhat deflated 😞

A lot of mark's emails get flagged as spam for some reason, worth checking your spam folder to see if they are all in there