Why become a member? ×

Trace Elliot and Barefaced

stewblack

On 03/07/2021 at 19:00, stewblack said:

I took my trusty Trace to a rehearsal today, sat it on top  of a Compact / Midget combination and put a Sandberg jazz into it.

It made me question all the other amps I claim to love. Theres really nothing like it. Heft, clank, thump and snarl. Every member of the band complimented me on the sound of the bass, but I know what they really liked.

Dear Stewblack, what kind of trusty Trace are you referring to? I've realised of late that no matter what cab I use with MY trusty Trace, it always sound great 😁 

Screenshot 2021-07-12 at 02.39.09.png

On 11/07/2021 at 17:13, BassManGraham said:

I should say so!

20191012_175735.jpg

I've been trying to buy a spares/repair 300 watt version of one of these on FB marketplace for the past fortnight but the guy doesn't seem overly interested in selling it - he won't even get a shipping quote... 

On 15/07/2021 at 09:02, Bigwan said:

I've been trying to buy a spares/repair 300 watt version of one of these on FB marketplace for the past fortnight but the guy doesn't seem overly interested in selling it - he won't even get a shipping quote... 

Update: Shipping sorted, money paid, amp shipping this week!!!

Needs some work as the valve and compressor stages aren't working, but looking at the schematic I've a fair idea where to start looking.

Edited by Bigwan
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Bigwan said:

Update: Shipping sorted, money paid, amp shipping this week!!!

Needs some work as the valve and compressor stages aren't working, but looking at the schematic I've a fair idea where to start looking.

Good luck with that. Last I heard the chips in the compressor section are all out and no more to be had.

First port of call will be the bypass JFETs in the footswitch/panel switching section, but we'll see! The compressor chip isn't completely unobtainable thankfully and the amp operates fine with the tube and compressor stages bypassed so still lots of Trace goodness for little outlay.

• Like 1