Why become a member? ×

Yamaha BBNE2 (Nathan East) (pls delete)
£1690
London, UK

Arnoldoc

Up for sale is my white Nathan East 2 bass. Nathan is my main influence as a bass player and thought I would never sell. However, I've moved into jazz and p basses and it's not getting played much. It has been used and has a few bumps and nicks (more than reflected in the price), which don't affect playability at all. Has had a PLEK done recently and action can be adjusted very low if wanted without any buzz.  One of the most comfortable basses I've tried, 18mm string spacing and contoured body back. New list price is £4390 and best new price I've seen is £2900. No trades.

Nathan East Signature Model

Nathan East has appeared on countless albums and has toured with some of the biggest names in modern music. Whether he's playing blues with Eric Clapton, pop with Phil Collins, or contemporary jazz with Fourplay, Nathan relies on his BBNE2 signature 5-string bass to deliver the tone he needs.

BBNE2 Pickups

The stack type pickups are designed in collaboration with Nathan East. The Alnico V Humbucker pickups include a hum-canceling coil

Individual Bridge Pieces
The bridge consists of individual bridge pieces that reduce interference from other string vibration delivering a purer tone.

Controls
1 : Pickup Balancer 2 : Master Volume 3 : Bass 4 : Middle 5 : Treble 6 : Mid Cut Frequency 7 : Mid Cut On-Off Switch

Active Electronics
Active electronics include a special equalizer circuit based on Nathan East's “Magic Box". The circuit lets you cut off the selected mid frequency at the touch of a switch for precision sound tailoring.

5-Piece Neck Through design
The neck through design uses a 5-piece maple and mahogany neck sandwiched between the maple on alder body.

Contoured Body
Both the front and back of the bass body are contoured to provide players with a compact, well fitting instrument that offers greater playing comfort

Construction  Neck Through
Scale Length  34" (863.6mm)
Radius  19 11/16" (500mm)
Frets  24
Pickups  Alnico V Stack Type x 2
Pickup Switch  N/A
Controls  Master Volume, Pickup Balancer, 3-Band EQ, Mid Cut Frequency, Mid Cut On-Off Switch
Fingerboard  Ebony
Body  Maple/Alder
Neck  Maple/Premium Grade Mahogany 5 Piece
Bridge  Yamaha BPZ-7 

Screenshot 2021-07-02 at 12.09.14.png

NE1.jpg

NE2.jpg

NE3.jpg

NE4.jpg

NE5.jpg

NE6.jpg

NE7.jpg

NE8.jpg

NE9.jpg

Edited by Arnoldoc
  • Like 10

• 2 months later...
  • Arnoldoc changed the title to Yamaha BBNE2 (Nathan East) (pls delete)
  • Silvia Bluejay locked this topic