Why become a member? ×

What to do with old strings

Rotosound, as a company, support the Guitarwrist fundraising enterprise. Ian Rendall (the founder) receives donations of used strings and, with the help of other jewellery makers, turns the strings into items of (you guessed it) jewellery.

It is not just Rotosound strings that are used and any profits are distributed to the charity of the donor's choosing. I am attaching a link so you can see what they do and the results. There are some very imaginative uses of the strings and they make some exceedingly nice pieces with stuff you'd usually bin. Follow the link, if you feel you want to support this excellent initiative yourselves, send Ian your old strings and help fund charities at a time when they really need the help. He accepts any make of strings, Rotosound are mentioned because they endorse the enterprise and mentioned it when sending my latest batch.

I am hoping the mods are ok with this? Other than being a Rotosound artist, I have no connection with Ian or Guitarwrist.

https://theguitarwrist.co.uk/#whatwedo

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2