Why become a member? ×

First gig in about 10 years - tonight!

Sarah5string

I've spent the last 3-4 months during COVID lockdowns being involved with a couple of new bands, a covers band and their originals side project. We've only been able to actually rehearse together for the last month due to COVID. and tonight is our first gig. I'm nervous but also crazy excited because I haven't played a live gig in about 10 years (the joys of raising children!).

It's only a small venue, but considering the last 18 months I'll just be grateful to be out playing and out of the house lol!

Feels nice to be going through my old pre-gig routines :D

Wish me luck.

• Like 21

I was on FOH duty at a Tring Blues Bar gig at the local theatre yesterday evening, excellent band  - Honey Ryder - it was apparently their first outing since September last, and that had been only a stripped back acoustic set.

You couldn’t tell, though, they must have been working hard getting back up to speed. (So if Alex the bass player is on here, well done!)

Hope yours goes as well, Sarah!

Edited by Baxlin
  • Thanks 1

Interested to know how you felt afterwards too Sarah. After a 20 year break, I done half a dozen gigs in 2019 and had a dozen or so lined up for 2020, but we all know how that went. Now I'm itching to get back out and start again.

• Like 1

haha sorry guys, work has kept me busy and I pretty much crashed over the weekend. 🤣 It went really well. Considering we'd only had 5 practices and months in lockdown with my learning the songs from Spotify playlists I'm really happy with how it went. I even managed to sing backing without having a total mental breakdown 🤣

It wasn't perfect, but it was never going to be. The venue wasn't packed, with maybe 20 people there, so in my opinion it was the perfect first gig with a new band. No pressure but lots of fun.

May be an image of 1 person, standing, playing a musical instrument and guitar

May be an image of 1 person, playing a musical instrument, standing, guitar and indoor

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1