Why become a member? ×

July Composition Challenge

lurksalot

Okay, going with this one...

Same track as before but added that important lead (well, I can't sing, so played it on the Roli Rise).  New update.  Changed the melody slightly, lowered the bass volume & made some other tweaks to the sound.  I'm gonna add lyrics to this track (one day).

Edited by xgsjx
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Waddo Soqable said:

Can you keep altering / updating your entries then ?  Sounds a bit like cheating to me.. 😁

Only up until the deadline.  Once voting starts, no changes.  Same as the Photo comp.

4 minutes ago, Waddo Soqable said:

Can you keep altering / updating your entries then ?  Sounds a bit like cheating to me.. 😁

It ain't over until the Fat Lady sings ...

J1rpvEo.jpg

Yes, the track can be updated, removed, improved, massacred as much as one likes until the voting begins, when things get set in stone. Soundcloud doesn't allow the free account to be renewed, so the original has to be deleted and a new one uploaded. With a 'Pro' account, one has the option of simply replacing the original file with a later version. S'not cheating; no bagpipes are involved. Hope this helps. :friends: 

• Like 2

Okey Dokey , I think I've rinsed this one for as much as I can get out of it just now.

Not yet managed to convince the neighbour to let his lungs loose on it but I live in hope ......(die in caergwrle)

The track starts in sombre reflection of times past , but very soon jumps into the lively present, whilst also giving a nod to the incompleteness of its current state ....really !!

EZdrummer , I found a new kit that works on this, ibby 6 string through waves gtr 3 offering some twang , Gordon Smith applying some low end and of course the much in demand sweet vocal tones of yours truly .... which I will ditch if an offer of a superior performance makes it to tape  !

Edited by lurksalot
  • Like 2

One more for the pot, here's my 'soundscape' 😆

The image struck me as eerie, erratic, sparse, curious and out of time so my strange effort hopefully reflects that oddness.

Recorded using Audacity and NCH Wavepad, everything played on a YPT-240 Yamaha keyboard and a Westfield Strat copy using minimal echo, tremolo, delay and reverb.

Edited by upside downer
  • Like 1

I have prepared the voting thread ready for the morning , so any more need to be in fairly sharpish!

I have a little issue with the soundcloud sharing for @Waddo Soqable , I think you may have some permissions switched off or the track maybe private.  I recall @Dad3353 had a similar issue at one point so might be able to pin point the exactitude of the matter :D

May I just say that not only do we have a most splendid offering again this month , I also think that the production values seem to improve all the time , it is genuinely a great pleasure to be a part of this challenge :sun_bespectacled:

8 minutes ago, Dad3353 said:

It shows up correctly for me (but then again, I always have been a bit special...). :|

It shows up here where @Waddo Soqable has shared it , but I can’t access it on soundcloud or share/copy/paste the link . Thus I can’t put it in the voting thread 😳

this happened with some of your stuff when you hosted in a different soundcloud account I recall 

1 minute ago, lurksalot said:

...this happened with some of your stuff when you hosted in a different soundcloud account I recall 

Yes, you're right (again...), I think. Maybe @Waddo Soqable could go into Soundcloud and change the sharing of the file to 'Public'..? That's how all of mine are declared, there.

2 minutes ago, lurksalot said:

It shows up here where @Waddo Soqable has shared it , but I can’t access it on soundcloud or share/copy/paste the link . Thus I can’t put it in the voting thread 😳

this happened with some of your stuff when you hosted in a different soundcloud account I recall 

On soundcloud i left it set "private" but i can send that one public if that's what you need, i just assumed if i put it on the thread folk could hear it. I'll change it shortly

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Waddo Soqable said:

On soundcloud i left it set "private" but i can send that one public if that's what you need, i just assumed if i put it on the thread folk could hear it. I'll change it shortly

That would be great , I can then re-post it into the voting thread tommorrow 👍

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lurksalot said:

May I just say that not only do we have a most splendid offering again this month , I also think that the production values seem to improve all the time , it is genuinely a great pleasure to be a part of this challenge :sun_bespectacled:

My thoughts exactly.  Every month I seem to get down something better than the last entry, only to be outshone by the competition who have also upped their game.  Except the singing of course!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1