Why become a member? ×

Mount Rushmore (Top 4) Bass pedals of all time?

BadHands

I've asked this question elsewhere to little effect (pun, WELL intended), but what do you think the Top 4 bass pedals are of all time? By this, I mean culturally. Guitar has the tubescreamer, the fuzzface, crybaby wah etc but which effects (as in specific models) do you think would make it to ours?

The only one I can think of for sure is the Boss OC2.

Thoughts?

On 01/07/2021 at 17:34, Jus Lukin said:

Interesting!

I think I'd go with the Russian Big Muff, Mu-Tron III, OC-2, and Sansamp Bass Driver DI, with an honorable mention for the Pro Co. Rat.

Naturally, the Boss Bass Overdrive and Bass Chorus probably have a certain ubiquity which makes them worth a nod, too.

This is the 4 I'm leaning towards as well. The ubiquitous ones we've all had at least a couple of at some point.

13 hours ago, Quatschmacher said:

MuTron III, OC-2 (though I’m tempted to say Octabvre II), Future Impact; I don’t have a fourth yet. 

Wot no C4, even though you have an unfilled slot?! Now there's a surprise! 

19 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Wot no C4, even though you have an unfilled slot?! Now there's a surprise! 

It’s not really bass specific (but I suppose neither are the others). Still debating, though it’s certainly a strong candidate. 

Edited by Quatschmacher

Are we talking about classic pedals that have been a big influence in the bass world, or are we talking about personal favourites?  Because half the pedals listed on here wouldn't be classed as classic or iconic yet.