Why become a member? ×

SOLD!!! Musicman Stingray Trans Red Maple Board (1998)
£1100
Liverpool / London

biro

So, I got this beauty from @Pinball of this parish. This was my second Ray and, as much as I enjoy them and could use their tone for a thing or two, they just are not for me. Considering that I now have to move all of my stuff to London and might be reasonably expected to get rid of a few earthly possessions in the process, I thought that this was as good a time as any to list it and have it go to a good home. I would really prefer for it to stay in the BC family.

The bass is a 1998 (September 23rd, 1998) ceramic-equipped Musicman Stingray in Trans Red with a maple board. The bass is stunning, and has a few very small dings which I have tried to capture as well as possible—clearly, the instrument has been gigged, but I would say lovingly.

The neck has some discolouration,  which is to be expected, especially in a bass this age. I did, however, clean the fretboard following the process recommended by Ernie Ball and it is now looking quite a bit better. I also polished the frets with extra-fine steel wool, and the bass really plays great. I think I liked it better than my old HH, which had to alnico humbuckers. This, I think, sounds more balanced.   

Some photos available here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/M7u3Wh7DRZMLiGrt5 (I now notice I left a piece of tape attached to the pick up: that was to protect the pole pieces from attracting steel wool debris when polishing the frets, and it will of course be removed.)

It will come with a hard case, which is extremely battered, but will do the job at least for the purposes of protecting the bass during transit. Which leads me to the topic of shipping, which is of course possible. 

In terms of trades, I regret to say that I am not really interested, unless you have an Ibanez EHB1005SMS (the short scale, multiscale version), in which case let's talk. Feedback below.

Edited by biro
  • Like 3

• MB1 locked this topic