Why become a member? ×

Withdrawn
£1650
Kent/SE/London

Cairobill

This will be a 94 model, the 89 has a single truss. Lovely bass, possibly refinished? If it has been, it's been done very tastefully and if anything would probably add rather than take away from any value! Superb instruments these...

For what it's worth, I think you'll regret selling this.

Edited by binky_bass
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, binky_bass said:

This will be a 94 model, the 89 has a single truss. Lovely bass, possibly refinished? If it has been, it's been done very tastefully and if anything would probably add rather than take away from any value! Superb instruments these...

For what it's worth, I think you'll regret selling this.

Yes, looks like it might be a later model what with the double trussrods

Finish is definitely original. I always thought TRB6Ps came in orange/teal or black so I've been looking out there for a similar burst colour and there seem to be some out there with the crazy flame wings and the 'tequila sunrise' burst colour like this guy's one in Italy. Might be a special run? We need a Yamaha Uber-nerd to sort this one out Russ! It's intriguing.

Helpful video for tone ref as well ;) And yup, sigh, I will miss it and would keep it around but it's a luxury item at the moment.

Edited by Cairobill
  • Like 1

The twin truss rods Yamaha TRB-6P was introduced in 1992 as the Yamaha Custom. So this one is from 1994. 😉 

The colour was called autumn burst by Yamaha.

These are fantastic basses indeed, but, hélas, on the heavy side...

GLWYS.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Hellzero said:

The twin truss rods Yamaha TRB-6P was introduced in 1992 as the Yamaha Custom. So this one is from 1994. 😉 

The colour was called autumn burst by Yamaha.

These are fantastic basses indeed, but, hélas, on the heavy side...

GLWYS.

Autumn Burst! Awesome :)

• MB1 locked this topic