Why become a member? ×

Got an actual gig.......to humans

So, after 15 months of not playing a gig or anything, I have woken up to a message from my old function band saying they need me to dep on sat night.

Think it's a wedding and think its relatively local.

Hope the suit still fits after lockdown!

Rehearsal tonight - set looks like all stuff I 'used to know' in a previous life, so a run through of 35 odd songs tonight.

Keys shoudl be fine and hope the old grey matter kicks in with forms and arrangements, so just need to play some bass today and tomorrow!

I literally haven't touched a bass since early December and haven't' played a gig in well over a year.

Should be fun and I'm well looking fwd to it......

Only trouble is that I don't have a bass rig anymore, having sold it off due to covid and redundancy!

Now need to make some "can I borrow your rig" calls to some pals!!

• Like 4

I did the same this week, and apart from my throat giving me some gyp for my backing vocals, the gig went well. It’s amazing what you remember that you assume might have disappeared from your memory, you’ll be fine. Good luck! 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, casapete said:

I did the same this week, and apart from my throat giving me some gyp for my backing vocals, the gig went well. It’s amazing what you remember that you assume might have disappeared from your memory, you’ll be fine. Good luck! 

cheers!!

Is the 'casa' in your U/N in reference to the restaurant / Venue near Brighouse?

2 hours ago, bassintheface said:

cheers!!

Is the 'casa' in your U/N in reference to the restaurant / Venue near Brighouse?

No, I'm in East Yorkshire so no connection there. Have you got sorted with a bass rig yet?