Why become a member? ×

Lockdown project comes to market

2 hours ago, Jean-Luc Pickguard said:

No amount of setting up is going to help it play in tune until the bridges come forward a couple of inches.

Not 'a couple of inches'; totally replaced. The 12th (octave...) fret has to be in the centre of the string length to intonate correctly at all. It can't be done with an angled bridge without fanned frets. End of. :|

4 hours ago, Dad3353 said:

Not 'a couple of inches'; totally replaced. The 12th (octave...) fret has to be in the centre of the string length to intonate correctly at all. It can't be done with an angled bridge without fanned frets. End of. :|

The bridges would need to be where the pickup presently is, if that was ever going to intonate.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jean-Luc Pickguard said:

what is the point of the monkey grip? Would monkeys even know what to do with one?

I'm inclined to think this thing's the result of an infinite number of monkeys being given woodworking tools.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Merton said:

This is in my town. I’m sooooo tempted to go have a look at it. Shall I?

You'd be doing the person a favour, but he/she is going to be mightily disappointed once the truth hits home. A tricky one, really; kindness says that he/she should be told, but with tact. :friends:

• Like 1

Imagine being a tree blowing in the wind, one day a local lumberjack chops you down…

”ah well, was nice while it lasted - now I will be made into something useful or beautiful by a master of woodwork - to be enjoyed and loved for generations…such is the lifecycle of a natural resource…”

imagine that feeling…then you wake up…and you’ve been turned into this.

THINK ABOUT IT.

• Haha 1