Why become a member? ×

Jamerson Trivia

stewblack

7 minutes ago, bass_dinger said:

I heard that he once lay on his back in the studio while playing bass.  Anyone know whether it was a carpet?  Solid floor? Wooden floor boards?  Lino?

Searching for "the tone", Bass_Dinger.  

Word on the street is it was bare floorboards. The vibration through his back was how he got ‘The Tone”.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, bass_dinger said:

I heard that he once lay on his back in the studio while playing bass.  Anyone know whether it was a carpet?  Solid floor? Wooden floor boards?  Lino?

Searching for "the tone", Bass_Dinger.  

I heard that he was inebriated during this session. Anyone know what he was drinking and is bourbon better than whisky for Motown ?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, lonestar said:

I heard that he was inebriated during this session. Anyone know what he was drinking and is bourbon better than whisky for Motown ?

Jame'son in the ja', of cou'se and it depends if there's a moon over bourbon street.

Edited by Hellzero

21 minutes ago, bartelby said:

Tone wood floorboards?

Like these ones?!

"FAC 51 The Hacienda Peter Hook Bass Guitar number HAC 51 as played by Peter Hook. A series of six long scale EB2/335-shape bass guitars are to be custom built by Brian Eastwood with HAC numbers HAC 51 to 56 utilising pieces of the original maple wood dancefloor of FAC 51 The Hacienda. "

See the source image

6 hours ago, lonestar said:

He had one bourbon, one scotch and one beer, but was accused of plagiarism. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Cliff Edge said:

Word on the street is it was bare floorboards. The vibration through his back was how he got ‘The Tone”.

What happened to..."the funk is in the gunk..?" 🤔

Wonder what type of gunk he used ? 😀

It's a well documented fact that during his time in Detroit he drank Yorkshire tea exclusively, always from the same pint pot that was never ever washed.   On moving to Los Angeles, some studio kid washed the cup, and as we all know James was never the same again.

What's less well known is that the pint pot on display at the Motown Museum is actually a fake, the original having been stolen by Britney Spears who uses it to satisfy her own Yorkshire tea addiction.

• Haha 2

Did you know that everyone who's too cheap to buy new strings uses the excuse "but James Jamerson liked using old strings"

James Jamerson played music where a nice bright tone was not desirable and didn't need to cut through a metal band. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, bass_dinger said:

Does anyone know what kind of foam was on the beer?

According to a source familiar with the subject, there was no foam on the beer. Jamerson had a beer roady who slurped the foam off the top before passing the glass over.

His preference for Yorkshire Pale Ale is strangely attributed to his addiction to Yorkshire tea and Betty’s tea cakes with strawberry jam.

Edited by Cliff Edge
  • Haha 1