Why become a member? ×

Is it?

I concur on the Fender AVRI ‘57. Mine is very light and the pick ups sound wonderful to my ear, different to other precisions - more “woody”.

I can understand why the neck was stripped - the original gloss finish felt sticky but did become better with playing. The truss rod route is a no brainier, although with the same set of flats on for 12 years I’ve never had to tweak mine.

If you like a natural finish this could be a real pleasure to play.

14 hours ago, ToneFree said:

I concur on the Fender AVRI ‘57. Mine is very light and the pick ups sound wonderful to my ear, different to other precisions - more “woody”.

I can understand why the neck was stripped - the original gloss finish felt sticky but did become better with playing. The truss rod route is a no brainier, although with the same set of flats on for 12 years I’ve never had to tweak mine.

If you like a natural finish this could be a real pleasure to play.

Was the AVRI '57 ever made in gold? (as in he's no reason to lie about the finish he stripped off) 

I tried one once when I was starting out on bass, trans white like @vinorange's .... it's still on the GAS list 20 years later

8 hours ago, LukeFRC said:

Was the AVRI '57 ever made in gold? (as in he's no reason to lie about the finish he stripped off) 

I tried one once when I was starting out on bass, trans white like @vinorange's .... it's still on the GAS list 20 years later

Think this is one;

https://reverb.com/uk/p/fender-american-original-50s-precision-bass?hfid=32021535&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=12200508927&utm_content=campaignid=12200508927_adgroupid=115920727614_productpartitionid=1256942340682=merchantid=117614852_productid=32021535_keyword=_device=c_adposition=_matchtype=_creative=495081226236&gclid=CjwKCAjwieuGBhAsEiwA1Ly_nRyo766Hq8pH-bVxlTLvUNZ31ClbJ18Fkd2p_998UlYK02DMklnEURoCrL8QAvD_BwE

gtwub5b2ic0jdzapbfqz.jpg

Edited by vinorange

Heres mine albeit sporting an SDSPB3 pickup instead of the original hand wound, raised pole piece jobby (I dig in and found myself grounding the A string on the pole pieces).

They're a limited run and very nice......IMG-20210624-WA0005.thumb.jpeg.ebfeaf5dc00a03d2cb59652a29fb1f1b.jpeg

Edited by vinorange
  • Like 2

Interestingly with that one having been a solid colour they have used a 4 piece body whereas mine, being a trans white, is one piece. Now it is sanded back, the 4 piece spoils its looks a bit for me....

Edited by vinorange

• 2 weeks later...