Why become a member? ×

Solar bass?

Iron1

Anyone have a bass from Solar Guitars? A buddy is making me an offer I might not be able to refuse, but figured I'd see if anyone here has one and their thoughts on 'em before I pull the trigger. TIA! 

A mate of mine was a big Ibanez endorsee for years (on guitar) and has recently switched…

Speaks volumes if they’re keeping up with premium/prestige ibanez stuff - especially as they seem to be a relatively new brand.

Very “metal” - but he sings their praises.

• Like 1

I've not played one. There are quite a few poor reviews about the guitars and customer service.

There's a facebook group of Solar users raising issues about them.

I was very close to buying (new) one of their guitars but the reviews put me off enough to decide against it.

That being said, you have the chance to properly look at this one rather than an online purchase and I've got no doubt there will be some cracking examples out there too. I may well consider a used one where someone else has dealt with any issues.

3 hours ago, AndyTravis said:

A mate of mine was a big Ibanez endorsee for years (on guitar) and has recently switched…

Speaks volumes if they’re keeping up with premium/prestige ibanez stuff - especially as they seem to be a relatively new brand.

Very “metal” - but he sings their praises.

Well, I'm very metal, so that works for me. Haha. And, I was a huge Ibanez guy for years too (not endorsed, but very brand loyal that is) so that tidbit helps a lot. Thx!

2 hours ago, fretmeister said:

I've not played one. There are quite a few poor reviews about the guitars and customer service.

There's a facebook group of Solar users raising issues about them.

I was very close to buying (new) one of their guitars but the reviews put me off enough to decide against it.

That being said, you have the chance to properly look at this one rather than an online purchase and I've got no doubt there will be some cracking examples out there too. I may well consider a used one where someone else has dealt with any issues.

Interesting that you cite bad customer service, I've heard tons of stories of the opposite. I'm in a Solar FB group and it's almost nothing but people saying "I love this guitar" sort of stuff. Funny how two of us can gain opposite perspectives based on the good 'ole internet. 

• Like 1