Why become a member? ×

Post punk, alt-rock corner

1 hour ago, 2elliot said:

Just downloaded the latest EP from Deep Tan- Diamond Horsetails. It's great, love the bass sounds.

I saw them supporting Yard Act a few months ago. Great band... very cool, especially the bass player.

Edited by Nail Soup
spelling
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, BillyBass said:

That is pretty good.  Where do you keep finding them?

They’ve been around since 2019 should have been around in the late 80’s early 90’s they’d have been much bigger. 

The album gets a play once a week 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Just now, Nail Soup said:

Heard this on 6music the others day.... Adam and the Ants - Animals and Men (Peel session version)

Recently  I have been making a list of my favourite (and formative) albums in chronological order, I am surprised that so many of them fall between 1978-81. One of the very best imho is Dirk Wears White Sox, to my ears it still sounds as fresh as a daisy.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Frank Blank said:

Recently  I have been making a list of my favourite (and formative) albums in chronological order, I am surprised that so many of them fall between 1978-81. One of the very best imho is Dirk Wears White Sox, to my ears it still sounds as fresh as a daisy.

Have recently acquired two different original vinyl versions of it from a mate (at some cost lol) rather excellent!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Frank Blank said:

One of the few vinyl records I still own despite having nothing to play them on.

One consequence of having played them a couple of times is the realisation the turntable on my 20+ year old Littlewoods catalogue stereo has probably carked it 😞 ... looking at replacements lol

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 02/09/2022 at 19:47, Frank Blank said:

This should have been their second album.  They had so much unreleased stuff which which we heard live, on John peel sessions or on bootlegs, like Puerto Rican, Beat My Guest, Rubber People, Press darlings, Song for Ruth Ellis, Fat Fun.  Some of it got put out as B sides of their pop crap, with Marco Pironi on guitar but those versions weren't as good as the Matthew Ashman/Andy Warren era versions.

• Like 1