Why become a member? ×

Post punk, alt-rock corner

Buttholes!

Remember seeing them at an absolutely crazed gig also in 91ish at the Mean Fiddler; there was a riot outside as it was completely sold out, Gabby managed to smash his face open on a beer glass then set his arms on fire (!) while the band made a totally barking racket.

Next time I saw 'em (Forum, 99ish?) they were like neutered puppies!

19 hours ago, ProfJames said:

Cheers for posting Editors stuff. I lost track of them after their first album. They're pretty good, though when they came out I thought as I've got albums by The Chameleons, Echo ATB and Joy Division they were sort of superfluous. Might've been a bit unfair of me

Edited by Barking Spiders
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Barking Spiders said:

Cheers for posting Editors stuff. I lost track of them after their first album. They're pretty good, though when they came out I thought as I've got albums by The Chameleons, Echo ATB and Joy Division they were sort of superfluous. Might've been a bit unfair of me

Great band, I really like the early stuff. I've seen them live a couple of times and thought they were very good. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nail Soup said:

Townies of mine, UK Decay....

Singer Abbo is often credited as the first to use the term 'Gothic' to describe the music.

I think UK Decay were the band I saw the most times by attending gigs where I wanted to see either the band they were supporting or the band supporting them. I must have seen them 15-20 times and not once in order to see them!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Frank Blank said:

I think UK Decay were the band I saw the most times by attending gigs where I wanted to see either the band they were supporting or the band supporting them. I must have seen them 15-20 times and not once in order to see them!

Not a fan then, unlike Rodney Trotter?

image.jpeg.85a3cbeed015a436d47f4344de873469.jpegimage.jpeg.68f20e53bdbad242e1de6bf9a06d4c18.jpeg

• Like 1

We used to dance to this at Edwardians Nite Spot in Chester many years ago!

Cabaret Voltaire were one of my favourite bands of the time. 

Nag Nag Nag was always how I though Suicide should have sounded (I was majorly disappointed when I heard Suicide for the first time after reading the reviews and then hearing what I thought was weedy organ and drum machine instead of an onslaught of electronic noise). I was lucky enough to see the Cabs twice although I never saw the while Chris Watson was still in the band.

BTW anyone here read the Sheffield fanzine NMX?

Edited by BigRedX

1 hour ago, Leonard Smalls said:

Me too! I bought a Nag Nag Nag tshirt in about 1980, which lasted till nearly 2005, though by then it didn't have any arms and it was slit so much it was like a tabard...

I saw them much later than that in 1982 and then 1983 on tour for the Crackdown album.

6 hours ago, BigRedX said:

Nag Nag Nag was always how I though Suicide should have sounded (I was majorly disappointed when I heard Suicide for the first time after reading the reviews and then hearing what I thought was weedy organ and drum machine instead of an onslaught of electronic noise).

My exact thoughts on Suicide. Had the same expectations and same disappointment. You didn't mention vocals but was let down by that too.