Why become a member? ×

Post punk, alt-rock corner

Hoping this might take off and be of interest to BCers who are well into their post punk and alt-rock. By alt-rock I'm talking about stuff that''s not Classic Rock or metal and would include Grunge bands plus Pixies, Husker Du, Smashing Pumpkins, Jane's Addiction, Weezer, QOTSA and all that kinda malarkey. So just put up any clips whether bass related or just music vids. To get the ball rolling, here's one of Sheffield's finest, the Comsat Angels...

• Like 6

Working from home the past god know how long has led me to discover and rediscover some cracking music. A band that I used to listed to a lot in the 90's but then I lost touch with was Fugazi, an American post hardcore band that mixed in a dub like vibe at times. This is one of my favourite tunes, I think it was originally released in around 1990 but still sounds great today, helped by the fact the band were doing their own thing so haven't dated like a lot of music does. 

Edited by Osiris
Spelling
  • Like 7

35 minutes ago, Barking Spiders said:

Hoping this might take off and be of interest to BCers who are well into their post punk and alt-rock. By alt-rock I'm talking about stuff that''s not Classic Rock or metal and would include Grunge bands plus Pixies, Husker Du, Smashing Pumpkins, Jane's Addiction, Weezer, QOTSA and all that kinda malarkey. So just put up any clips whether bass related or just music vids. To get the ball rolling, here's one of Sheffield's finest, the Comsat Angels...

Mick Glaisher, drummer with the Comsats lived just around the corner from me, but being a few years older didn't move in the same circles as myself.  Great band that should have gone further.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Barking Spiders said:

This was a great song!.. I think they first relased a slightly different version as a single tho..

We supported them at Rafters in Manchester at the end of 1980.. they were a really nice bunch of guys as I recall. I even got a good review as a bass player in the papers on that occasion....how often does the bass player get a mention !.. naturally I was mercilessly mocked by all our mates after that. Wonder what became of the Comsat Angels...

IMG_20210628_111508_106.JPG

• Like 4

two of my favourite bands: X-CNN (Inc Tim Bricheno who was in All About Eve) and Dark Star, who were made out of the remaining members of Levitation

Edited by TheRev
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, TheRev said:

X-CNN (Inc Tim Bricheno who was in All About Eve)

My friend / current guitarist was in a London rehearsal room back in the 90s when his tuner pedal packed up. Tim Bricheno was in the room next door and came in to help fix it. He spent over an hour fiddling with it and to his credit, he fixed it! Well beyond the call of duty.

• Like 1