Why become a member? ×

No sound through spectracomp

thisisswanbon

Howdy!

Recently purchased a spectracomp on eBay that had been manufacturer refurbished (bought from musictribeuk eBay store). Came last week and looks literally like new with sealed box and stickers etc.

Was okay for a day, but now there's either no sound when engaged or less commonly a loud static blast for around 4~5 seconds followed by the expected effect. Bypassed is fine as it's true bypass.

Google brings up nothing, and I've tried updating the firmware but still the same. It's running on a cioks dc5 which runs everything else spot on.

Got it for a bargain price so I'm reluctant to send it back unless I really have to. Anyone come across this or got any other ideas?

13 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

Have you checked your cables? Are you definitely feeding it enough current? Is it daisy chained?

Tried different cables but signal is fine bypassed

Tried it on a 100ma and 300ma output on the cioks (my first thoughts were power, its current draw is <100ma)

It's not daisy chained either. It's on its own output on the cioks and I've even removed all other pedals from it just incase 🤯

3 minutes ago, thisisswanbon said:

Tried different cables but signal is fine bypassed

Tried it on a 100ma and 300ma output on the cioks (my first thoughts were power, its current draw is <100ma)

It's not daisy chained either. It's on its own output on the cioks and I've even removed all other pedals from it just incase 🤯

Have you also reflashed the preset that is loaded? If the preset data is corrupted then a firmware reflash wouldn’t fix that. 

If that doesn’t work, then I’m out of ideas. 

3 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

Have you also reflashed the preset that is loaded? If the preset data is corrupted then a firmware reflash wouldn’t fix that. 

If that doesn’t work, then I’m out of ideas. 

I tried a few different toneprints after the refresh. Only thing I haven't tried is beaming from my phone instead of from a pc