Why become a member? ×

sold:HohnerB2A4.H-less/A-P, c/wgig bag.
£395
TS (UK)

eubassix

Superb HOHNER B2A Active / HeadLess bass in the less common metallic/matt silver/gunmetal. D-tuner @ bridge. Basswood body with maple neck / rosewood 24-fret/board. 2X Volume (one per EMG / Select HB pickup/s) + Bass / Treble boost (+/-) when switched to active. The bass is ‘true-passive’ so will play in passive mode w/out battery. 34” scale, 1.5” (38mm) nut; 10/18mm string spacings (nut/bridge). The instrument is only 39” (99cm) overall and weighs only c. 6.5 lbs. There are (always) a few of these around, but very few in this colour / condition. C/w generic but correct (fitting) gig-bag.

MVC-120S.JPG

Edited by eubassix
sold
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, warwickhunt said:

Can you use standard strings on these or do you have to use double ball end?  

DBE's required on this John. I'll add a photo. You might be able to fit a non-std./Hohner 'headstock' (?). It's currently fitted with DAddario Ni/RW's (45-100) + the original DBE strings (s/s RWs) are still in the side-pocket. There do seem to be plenty of DBE strings still available (ebay), though not so sure re. FW's :-

MVC-129S.JPG

As regards low tuning, I had the jack version, which is as far as i can see identical apart from having a guitar shape body.. I used this in a band down tuned, with my lowest string down to C, these were normal strings not bottom 4 of a 5 string set, and worked absolutely fine like that, for me anyhow.

Assuming it's the same bass apart from body shape, which to me looks to be the case, it will be an excellent instrument, with a great range of sounds, I also regretted selling my Hohner headless.

• MB1 locked this topic